New forum member can't message another

Posting pics, images & other forum bases issues & queries.
NOT FOR CAR BASED TECH ISSUES.
rolesyboy
1275 Cooper S

New forum member can't message another

Post by rolesyboy »

Hi, a new forum member cannot private message me because they are too new. They want to buy a speedo off me from the for sale section
They have tried the email option twice which doesn't reach me (checked my junk folder too)
I then private messaged them directly and they claim that they are unable to reply to the message as they are too new on the forum
That seems an odd. If I initiate a PM I always assumed they should be able to reply?
Cheers. Mark
Rolesyboy
mk1
Site Admin

Re: New forum member can't message another

Post by mk1 »

It has always been the case that people with fewer than 5 posts can't send or receive PM's. This is done to weed out scammers & other ner'do'wells.

M
gs.davies
Site Admin

Post by gs.davies »

mk1 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:01 am It has always been the case that people with fewer than 5 posts can't send or receive PM's. This is done to weed out scammers & other ner'do'wells.

M
Yes, that hasn't changed. I have seen the posts that member has made because members with less than five posts also need posts approving in the For Sale section. I think the person in question has now posted more than five times so should now have the usual access rights of an established user.

Gary
rolesyboy
1275 Cooper S

Post by rolesyboy »

Thanks Gents.
Rolesyboy