Oil filter housing pipe

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Posts are automatically deleted after 6 months.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

4) Please always include your LOCATION

Rev 2.0 (10.09.2024)
360gts
1275 Cooper S

Oil filter housing pipe

Post by 360gts »

Anyone have a spare one of these....early style with the brass banjo end.
local UK postage.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mk1mad
850 Super

Re: Oil filter housing pipe

Post by mk1mad »

I have one with filter and oil temp fittings £20
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
360gts
1275 Cooper S

Post by 360gts »

mk1mad wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 12:34 pm I have one with filter and oil temp fittings £20
Thanks for the considerate offer...however, has the wrong 'banjo' end.
Cheers
D
mk1mad
850 Super

Post by mk1mad »

:roll:
Peter Laidler
1275 Cooper S

Post by Peter Laidler »

If you are stuck Dermott, it is easy to make another. Just unpick the silver soldered connection on the banjo end and bend a new 3/8" (?) copper or brass pipe to suit. Flare the nut end.

I used a soft soldered joint at the banjo end and it lasted for many months on my S while I had the cooler disconnected and was replacing the filter assembly to screw-on filter spec I gave it away to someone who wanted a shiny one, a couple of months ago