64/65 Sun Visor Clips

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Posts are automatically deleted after 6 months.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
sugarhiccup

64/65 Sun Visor Clips

Post by sugarhiccup »

Does anybody have a pair of these original ‘Y’ shaped clips they’d part with? Condition/colour doesn’t matter as long as they’re intact.

Part Number: ADA4484

It seems that the new reproductions are 3D-printed and look not so good due to their finish and equally cracked at the bottom when gently knocking them in…?

I know they were shared by the Moggie at some stage, though I haven’t had any luck thus far with these search descriptors either!

I’m based in Brisbane, Australia but have family in the UK I can ship to if that’s preferred.

Many thanks! :)
mk1
Site Admin

Re: 64/65 Sun Visor Clips

Post by mk1 »

I'll probably have a pair. Will check, but it may take a day or two.

M
sugarhiccup

Post by sugarhiccup »

mk1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:03 am I'll probably have a pair. Will check, but it may take a day or two.

M
Heya Mark, hope you’re well.

Thanks for taking a peek for me!

No worries on the timing, it’s much appreciated.

Cheers!! :D
whistler

Post by whistler »

My 66 SDL uses the same clips but over the ages they are very brittle if you disturb them. I believe I bought the new ones from Somerfords.
sugarhiccup

Post by sugarhiccup »

whistler wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:54 am My 66 SDL uses the same clips but over the ages they are very brittle if you disturb them. I believe I bought the new ones from Somerfords.
Hello and thanks for the tip off!

If it’s hard to source any originals, I’ll absolutely look at Somerford’s offering.

Cheers for taking the time to reply,

Thomas :)
sugarhiccup

Post by sugarhiccup »

mk1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:03 am I'll probably have a pair. Will check, but it may take a day or two.

M
Heya Mark,

Any joy on locating these little devils as yet?

Many thanks for your time searching!

Thomas :)
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Sorry, I did have a look, but couldn't find any decent ones. Both the ones I have are broken.
sugarhiccup

Post by sugarhiccup »

mk1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:24 am Sorry, I did have a look, but couldn't find any decent ones. Both the ones I have are broken.
Not to worry Mark, thanks so much for looking I really appreciate it! :D

I’ll keep my eyes peeled…
360gts

Post by 360gts »

I bought some from Somerford a while back....they were excellent....didn't have any issues with them cracking etc.
Mind you....that was a couple of years ago....maybe the newer items are different.
sugarhiccup

Post by sugarhiccup »

360gts wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:23 pm I bought some from Somerford a while back....they were excellent....didn't have any issues with them cracking etc.
Mind you....that was a couple of years ago....maybe the newer items are different.
Heya mate,

Thanks for weighing in, very helpful. That’s two votes for Somerford now. Might have to just take a punt!

Cheers :D