Drive flange, 997cc Cooper 7” disc brake

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Posts are automatically deleted after 6 months.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
hilbert

Post by hilbert »

As in the tittle lokking for a set of BTA191 drive flanges for the 7" disc brake not for the 7.5"

Greathings hilbert de jong
Exminiman

Re: Drive flange, 997cc Cooper 7” disc brake

Post by Exminiman »

Whats the difference between 997 and 998 ? Or is there a difference ?

I have a pair just not sure if they are what you want
hilbert

Post by hilbert »

The 7" one has more the look of a drumbrake drive flange
Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

I'm like you Exminiman. I think that they're both the same. With a half decent lathe and good lathe tools it's easy to convert drum flanges to Cooper
360gts

Post by 360gts »

I did a few of those a while back...have one pair left if anyone interested.
Cheers
D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hilbert

Post by hilbert »

Interested wat price are you asking.

I also tride to make them out of a drumbrake flange but the you end up whit the brake disck in the wrong pisition.

Greathings hilbert
CooperTune

Post by CooperTune »

I also have had a set of drum brake flanges machined and they are hard. Having a set of 998 and 997 calipers as well as a pair of new disc I figured I'd give it a try. Something else I've yet to try, having plenty S hubs, S drive flanges and old 7.5 disc. I'm thinking if I thin the disc to 5/16 and 7 inch dia not only can I use what's on hand thinning the pads will give a more stable disc. Also reduce need for reverse wheels. Whichever will be for my Moke project and being a ways down the list of 8 classic minis I'm rebuilding I've done no more than collect the parts. Steve (CTR)
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Any good ? - been on the shelf for 40 years.....probably need calipers rebuilding, but who knows, no idea what they are worth, make me an offer if interested (am I allowed to ask for an offer on wanted ?)
IMG_1219.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

Interesting reading and thread from all....
bmcman.ie

Post by bmcman.ie »

Exminiman wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:46 pm Any good ? - been on the shelf for 40 years.....probably need calipers rebuilding, but who knows, no idea what they are worth, make me an offer if interested (am I allowed to ask for an offer on wanted ?)

IMG_1219.JPG
No, because you are selling! :lol: