AEG521 conrod

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Posts are automatically deleted after 6 months.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
Striped shirt

AEG521 conrod

Post by Striped shirt »

Hello all.

After a pair of AEG521 conrods, the type with the slot cut in the lower cap.
Just opened up an engine to find odd rods.
Two aeg521 with the slot
One aeg521 with solid cap
One aeg625.
I'm happy to swap the 625 or the solid 521.
Many thanks.
CooperTune

Re: AEG521 conrod

Post by CooperTune »

Again, no idea where you are. I have a drawer full of complete sets with pistons pressed off and tie wrapped in sets as removed. Steve (CTR)
Striped shirt

Post by Striped shirt »

Again?? Dont think we have ever had any correspondence . I assumed postage would not be a problem for such a small item.
I appreciate your reply, but I only need a pair.

More than happy to pay postage or I can arrange a courier to collect.
'S'-type

Post by 'S'-type »

Listing for three on Ebay now.

Not sure if they are the ones you need. Not sure about condition.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404697420540 ... p_homepage
Striped shirt

Post by Striped shirt »

'S'-type wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:27 pm Listing for three on Ebay now.

Not sure if they are the ones you need. Not sure about condition.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404697420540 ... p_homepage
Thanks for that
251 ENG

Post by 251 ENG »

The slot in the cap make no difference, you can have two rods , one with and one without and they can be in balance to each other .
Alex

Post by Alex »

Striped shirt wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:38 pm Again?? Dont think we have ever had any correspondence . ...
I think what Steve is referring to with his again comment is the fact you don't have a location in your profile - it's a bugbear of his (and others) when people are after bits that may be prohibitively expensive to ship from the USA to Kuala Lumpur (or wherever you are).
:)
Metric is for people who can't do fractions.
CooperTune

Post by CooperTune »

I have packages on my display case prepped and ready for shipping. Some offered at what I considered more than fairly priced. Some I offered free just pay shipping. They are still here because cost of shipping and customs did not meet expectations. I have seen several posts about including location in profile. I must have five or six front sub frames powder coated and wrapped in clear plastic. I dropped 5 front subs (bent, cracked, rusted or otherwise damaged) at scrap yard as recycle weight yesterday. With four rears coated and wrapped there is still a stack of rears and two more fronts waiting to go for powder coat. Having access to auto machine shop I press pistons off, check both bores, clean and tie wrap in sets as removed. I have two spring trips planned one 500 miles round trip the other 900 miles. One to pick up parts left by a mini friend who has passed away. The other to pick up parts for a friend whose health will no longer support his hobby. Steve (CTR)
Striped shirt

Post by Striped shirt »

Kent.
mowog

Post by mowog »

Pic posted for Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.