Wanted central Cover for Steering Wheel

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
Polarsilver

Wanted central Cover for Steering Wheel

Post by Polarsilver »

Steering Wheel without pad.JPG
Wanted 1x Central Cover for this Wheel .. the Boomerang Cover ( shown) that i thought was correct WRONG.. so long shot can the Forum supply this "Steering Wheel with its Central Cover " this wanted central Cover is located with 6 x square Tangs & two Screws... approx length of this Cover is 121/8 inch long
I cannot see any Part Number on this Steering Wheel ..Maybe is not Mini ?.. but it fits MK3 Colum .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'S'-type

Re: Wanted central Cover for Steering Wheel

Post by 'S'-type »

Polarsilver wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:58 pm Steering Wheel without pad.JPG Wanted 1x Central Cover for this Wheel .. the Boomerang Cover ( shown) that i thought was correct WRONG.. so long shot can the Forum supply this "Steering Wheel with its Central Cover " this wanted central Cover is located with 6 x square Tangs & two Screws... approx length of this Cover is 121/8 inch long
I cannot see any Part Number on this Steering Wheel ..Maybe is not Mini ?.. but it fits MK3 Colum .
It looks like you've got a very late wheel (1982 /3). Part No. Nam4943. But the cover is the first iteration of the boomerang cover used from 1977-1980. Part No. Fam4646.
The late wheel cover has a wider profile and I believe is held in place with four clips. As opposed to the earlier two. ( Different clips in each case). It also has an indent for a stick-on oblong badge and an indented perimeter moulding. Part No. Fam9672.

There were three different arrangements for the boomerang wheel.

1977-80 Wheel Part No. 21A2581 Cover Fam4646
Narrow cover no badge.

1980-82 Wheel Part No.21A2581 Cover Fam9621
Narrow cover with oblong indent for badge.

1982> Wheel Nam4943 Cover Fam9672. Wider crossbar and cover with badge.

So it depends what year you have. I don't know when the change points were in 1980 and 1982.

I've got the complete early version here for £40.
pdb

Post by pdb »

I have this Austin steering wheel fitted to an ADO16 column. Let me know if you are interested in the complete wheel or the cover.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'S'-type

Post by 'S'-type »

This is what the late version looks like.
768f0743bb9feb2267685b2bab38939f_320579_21.jpg
Andrew1967
Location: Usually in my garage on the east coast of Norfolk, UK

Post by Andrew1967 »

What year is the pick up Norman

That cover is correct for a 1980 pick up .. it’s what my very original one owner pick up had.
'S'-type

Post by 'S'-type »

Mine is the same as Andrew's.
PM sent.