8 PORT CAM

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
Terrapin-52

8 PORT CAM

Post by Terrapin-52 »

Hi All

would any one have a 8 port cam there not using for sale, a rally cam in working condition or not, for a test build and clearance

sorry should be in the wanted section, could you please move

regards mike
Last edited by Terrapin-52 on Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
1982 mini City
Terrapin chassis No'52, with A series engine/box
Richspec

Re: 8 PORT CAM (sorry wanted)

Post by Richspec »

err, i've found that with 8 ports you're better off doing the test build with the actual bits you'll use in the real thing. What you checking ?
Wanna see what I'm playing with? Youtube Channel
Caution ;) may contain 8 Ports, Xe's and VTec's, I don't do standard!
Terrapin-52

Re: 8 PORT CAM

Post by Terrapin-52 »

Hi Richspec

I am looking for a cam to fit to the engine, but in the mean time a S/H one for a test fit to check clearance on the rods and mess about with the cam timing to see if the clearance is still there when machined off (if needed), also to check piston to valve clearance, as they may need a under cut on the piston top for valve clearance/C.R., would rather mess about testing with something used and not new that may get damaged with miss alignment/incorect assembly/missed somthing/should have read the paperwork again and then fitted it in the correct position.

who would you recomend for a cam to build with, as a new one

regards mike
1982 mini City
Richspec

Post by Richspec »

theres not much choice sadly, minispares or med, there's bound to be a few custom grinds out there as well.

whats the intended use? if you use fancy rods you dont need to clearance the rod bolts, and thats on a plus size not cooper s
Wanna see what I'm playing with? Youtube Channel
Caution ;) may contain 8 Ports, Xe's and VTec's, I don't do standard!
Terrapin-52

Post by Terrapin-52 »

Hi Richspec

the cam is to go in the 970 S engine, which will be taken out to 1050cc and used for Hilclimb and Sprint events, in the Terrapin

I have Std rods in at the moment, so will need to make clearance on the No'2 and 4 rods for the cam

I did not see any 8 port cams on the Minispares listing and the MED ones are getting low on choice last time I looked, I will have a look around and see what there is if I get 5min

I was just looking to find a used cam for mock-up and clearance checks for now to see what was needed on the machining front, as I can mod the rods and cut valve clearance in the pistons if needed

regards mike
1982 mini City
360gts

Post by 360gts »

Terrapin-52 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:53 pm Hi All

would any one have a 8 port cam there not using for sale, a rally cam in working condition or not, for a test build and clearance

sorry should be in the wanted section, could you please move

regards mike
Mike,
I have a race version (genuine) but one lobe has a problem....the outer skin has peeled off,
Postage from N. Amer. might be a bit steep.
Cheers
D
Terrapin-52

Post by Terrapin-52 »

Hi 369gts

thanks for the offer, I will see if I can find something hear, I do have a contact in California that may be able to bring it back for me, could you poss' see what the shipping to there would be if I cannot find somthing and no rush as things will be on the back burner for a bit now

regards mike
1982 mini City