Mk1 or Mk2 Cooper...

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
olddave

Re: Mk1 or Mk2 Cooper...

Post by olddave »

WMU 211G wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:16 am Thanks! Restored by Chris Spennewyn, I met the seller at Chris's workshop and had a good look at one of his kosher Abingdon Works Ss and various other stuff, then we went round to see the Cooper at the owner's place a few miles away. It's not been used much this year so needs a good run out. Can't wait to get my sticky mitts on it and start enjoying the ownership, I've got some nice period goodies to throw at it in my stash. Should be going to Mini In The Park and Stanford Hall in it.
Nidge,
Don't forget to get yourself and car prepped for Stanford. Can't wait to hear the horn, exhaust and hi-fi. Wear a rose with your hippie outfit so I'll be able to spot you :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WMU 211G

Post by WMU 211G »

Thanks for that Dave, not sure my car fits into any of those categories though! Will definitely be there anyway ;)
Nidge

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S

1992 Maserati Biturbo 430 2.8 litre V6
snoopy64

Post by snoopy64 »

Morris faster than Austin… is that a challenge?
Cheers

Kevin
WMU 211G

Post by WMU 211G »

snoopy64 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:52 pm Morris faster than Austin… is that a challenge?
Yep - Morris badges are lighter...!
Nidge

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S

Old English White

Post by Old English White »

Very nice 8-) .
I had a Mk2 Cooper donkey's years ago and always thought it was one of the nicest specification of Minis to own. The "S" brakes will improve it and a decent set of wheels will also make it look a bit more special.
A car you can enjoy immediately!
WMU 211G

Post by WMU 211G »

Old English White wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:09 am Very nice 8-) .
I had a Mk2 Cooper donkey's years ago and always thought it was one of the nicest specification of Minis to own. The "S" brakes will improve it and a decent set of wheels will also make it look a bit more special.
A car you can enjoy immediately!
Definitely - it pretty much just landed in my lap! The steelies are coming off in favour of the refurbished Mk3 Cosmics I bought from Stu a few years ago and the 'bus' steering wheel is being replaced by a really nice Nardi wood rim one I've had for a while, also got a pair of rectangular period Lucas reversing lights to go on to bootlid and a Benelite spotlamp grille to replace the standard Cooper one....

WHEEL COSMIC MK3 5x10 IMG_6248_z.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nidge

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S