S speedo and air filter assembly

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
spoon.450

S speedo and air filter assembly

Post by spoon.450 »

Just been contacted by a chap local to me who has nearly completed the restoration of a ‘66 1275 S. I haven’t seen the car and don’t know the chap but he’s after a correct speedo and air filter assembly if anyone can help. I’ll try and get some pics and more info about the car.
Thanks Dave
Peter Laidler

Re: S speedo and air filter assembly

Post by Peter Laidler »

Hi Spoons, tell him to try JDO instruments (see recommended suppliers thread) for the speedo. If he takes them a good serviceable '66 speedo they've got something to work with - and it make it cheaper too! They will/can convert odometer part easily and possibly reconfigure the screen to 120 Mk1 spec. Knowledgeable blokes. They ain't the cheapest but......
spoon.450

Post by spoon.450 »

Thanks Peter…..will do 👍
cmiller

Post by cmiller »

What code number is he looking for? I have several 4417. However I am in the States. The last separate four digits are important also.

Willing to ship to England.

Chris Miller
spoon.450

Post by spoon.450 »

Thanks Chris, I’ll ask the question.
Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

The 4417, (revolutions per mile) figure is simple to correct to suit what he needs. I''d say that your speedo is a GOOD starting point for JDO to convert. They'll have it done and dusted in a couple of days

Ooooops, sorry, misunderstood the 4417 figure re the older speedos, But calibration of an existing speedo to accurate speed and odometer miles is simple for JDO to do
GraemeC

Post by GraemeC »

4417 isn't the TPM - its part of the original Smith part number. The TPM is more likely to be 1280.

(posted at the same time as your edit! :oops: )
Alex

Post by Alex »

I've got an oval air filter assembly, complete with the correct wingnuts and new filters available if that's correct for his car.
Will try and find the photos later.
Metric is for people who can't do fractions.
spoon.450

Post by spoon.450 »

Thanks for the replies folks.
Alex….I’m sure he’ll be interested in seeing pics of your filter…thank you.
cmiller

Post by cmiller »

Good catch Peter. I should have been more specific. The numbers on the speedo are S/N 4417 18A 1280
According to Parnell book it is listed as for a Cooper 'S' with a 3.44:1 final drive

Chris Miller