Eversure Early Mk1 Interior Mirror

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
sugarhiccup

Eversure Early Mk1 Interior Mirror

Post by sugarhiccup »

Hi team,

Hoping to locate a good condition complete interior mirror for the early Mk1 (non-cooper). If I recall correctly the part was an Eversure ‘M880’.

Many thanks!

:-)
850RS

Re: Eversure Early Mk1 Interior Mirror

Post by 850RS »

Hey Hiccup,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195040238760?m ... media=COPY

Here’s an option for a NOS Jemca. This looks identical to the one that came out of my 59 Morris 850. Not an Eversure though… not sure if there is a noticeable difference. Were Eversure and Jemca used simultaneously?

Cheers
sugarhiccup

Post by sugarhiccup »

Heya!

Thanks so much for the heads up, I wonder if this was for the Cooper and S, perhaps? The glass appears to be a bit longer, unless I’m mistaken!

Ideally I’m hoping to source a used item to help cut down on costs a little, but may have to cave if there’s no alternative option!

Really appreciate the help.

Cheers! :-)
850RS

Post by 850RS »

Hey hiccup,

The mirror from my Cooper looked the same as my 850. If you have an Aussie car maybe they were different? I can understand wanting to save where can. I’m located in the US and half of the restoration cost for my Cooper was just in shipping parts from the UK.
sugarhiccup

Post by sugarhiccup »

Oh goodness, I couldn’t agree more on the shipping front!

I’ll go back to the drawing board and do a little more research and see where I land, maybe I’m going crazy (likely!) ;-)

Haha, many thanks. Still open to purchasing if anybody can find one stashed that they’ve replaced with a fancy Lucas dipping mirror or something of the like…!

Cheers!!
sugarhiccup

Post by sugarhiccup »

Still hunting down a 5” x 2.5” early mirror, if anybody has any leads…
winabbey

Post by winabbey »

sugarhiccup wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:52 amHoping to locate a good condition complete interior mirror for the early Mk1 (non-cooper). If I recall correctly the part was an Eversure ‘M880’.
What do you mean by "early Mk 1"?

Is your car Australian assembled? If so, what is shown on the ID plate? This will help identify the model and approx. build date.

This document by Tony Cripps may assist - https://leylandaustralia.com.au/index_h ... irrors.pdf
sugarhiccup

Post by sugarhiccup »

Hello there,

Apologies, the car is a U.K. built Austin. Thank you for the resources supplied.

I am referencing the earlier style mirror that (as far as I’m aware) predates the plastic Wingard interior mirror.

I have attached some found images to help as a visual aid, of the item that I am trying to source:

Many thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rolesyboy

Post by rolesyboy »

Message sent. Cheers
Rolesyboy