Horn ring assembly bits needed

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
BobHaskell

Horn ring assembly bits needed

Post by BobHaskell »

Hello,

First post. Car is titled as a '64 Austin Mini Cooper S 1275. Didn't leave the factory that way.

I'm looking for a couple bits in the horn ring assembly (BCA 4505). I have the brass slip ring and the two piece plastic collar with the spring loaded lead. Need the circlip, washers, spring and the plastic sleeve. Image from Nippycars. Or dimensions for the same would work too. Have an old Southbend 9" lathe that I whittle on. Located in the US midwest.

I will contact Nippycars after the holiday to see what they have available and what postage would be to this side of the pond.

Cheers,
Bob
AndyB72

Re: Horn ring assembly bits needed

Post by AndyB72 »

You could try Nick...
https://min-e-bitz.co.uk/
Nick Rogers <nick@min-e-bitz.co.uk>
BobHaskell

Post by BobHaskell »

AndyB72,

Thanks for the suggestion; I sent Nick an email.

Cheers,
Bob
BobHaskell

Post by BobHaskell »

Nick was able to supply the sleeve and the circlip. Thanks for the lead. Nippycars didn't response to my email.

So now I just need the spring and washer details.
iain1967s

Post by iain1967s »

Morris minor uses the same setup, slightly longer though I’m sure it could be adapted.

https://www.morrisminorspares.com/elect ... g-p1238931