1mm i/d C clip/circlip

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
Peter Laidler

1mm i/d C clip/circlip

Post by Peter Laidler »

HELP......... Not even remotely mini related.... But looking for 2x 1mm i/d (or .038" for us imperial era engineers) circlips or C' or E clips. Need to fix my Bosch jig saw. Don't want to buy a kit of circlips that I'll probably never use again. Part is not serviced by Bosch strangely!
Terrapin-52

Re: 1mm i/d C clip/circlip

Post by Terrapin-52 »

HI

did you find a E clip, as I have a selection if you still need some, don't know it they go down to 1mm though

regards mike
1982 mini City
Terrapin chassis No'52, with A series engine/box
Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

Hi Terrapin. Nope, couldn't find one and no responses. If you had something I'd be grateful. Bosch agents couldn't help either!

Anyone.......
Stoneface

Post by Stoneface »

Smallest I have is 1.6mm and the smallest I can find is 1.2mm from the likes of simplybearings.co.uk and they sell in twos.
Stopped-again

Post by Stopped-again »

Hiya Peter, I used to sell and service Bosch power tools, amongst others, I know exactly the circlip you mean, the one that holds the pin for the guide roller, tiny little bugger that was a pig to find if you dropped it on the workshop floor. Was never available individually but there was a repair kit that included the guide roller, complete with roller bearing, pin and circlip. To order from a Bosch service agent you’ll need the ten figure model number on the data plate, begins something like 2604- - - - - -. On certain models the guide roller was available as an assembly with the mounting bracket. Hope this helps, cheers Mark.
Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

Hi Mark
Thanks for that useful info. You're dead right. But the sub assembly of the roller, axle and 2 circlips - both different bloody sizes - is no longer serviced by Bosch. I've made a temporary modification that seems to work but this week I'll machine a new axis pin and thread the other end with a suitable BA thread. Thanks again
Stopped-again

Post by Stopped-again »

It was 10 years ago when I last sold Bosch parts and find it very annoying when I can’t get parts to repair things. If your jigsaw is the “diy” range espares still have a guide roller assy (complete with mounting) listed at about £11 but that makes it a bloody expensive circlip.
whistler

Post by whistler »

Just a thought Peter, have you tried a working jeweller/horologist for that clip? Seems likely used on clock mechanisms?
Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

GOOD thought whistler. Will try that. But started to machine a shaft already. All for a bloody 1mm i/d circlip!
whistler

Post by whistler »

Just use a twist of chicken wire. Be OK.