One 998 Cooper std piston.

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
CooperTune

One 998 Cooper std piston.

Post by CooperTune »

I recently found a 998 Cooper power unit. It spun a rod bearing and I guess they were having to much fun to stop. Shaft measures .055 down and the piston has met the head. Cyl walls and three pistons are fine. I have been pulling nice 998 cranks out of 998 autos. I'd be interested in one std D crown piston used or NOS. Thanks Steve (CTR)
Mini Mad Swede

Re: One 998 Cooper std piston.

Post by Mini Mad Swede »

Is it any rush?
Think there's a decent spare one on a shelf.
Will try send you pics in a minute or three.
Just an idea:
Niece stops by here ever so often she might be able bringing it back to the States and post from there.
But think her next stop here is in october, will check.
CooperTune

Re: One 998 Cooper std piston.

Post by CooperTune »

There is no rush at all. I recently picked up a bare Mk1 shell. It was clear a bolt in cage had been removed and inner wings. Poorly done Weber box and huge wheel openings. I figured it would be a great way to sell off a bunch of parts. We replaced the boot floor, inner wings, restored the dash and re arched the fenders. I had a very budget paint job applied. Only then did the promised paper work show up. It has a Heritage cert, title and comp log book. To make it worse it is a 65 998 Cooper. Having no indication it was other than a garden verity mini I did not pick a correct color. Not sure there but material for a paint job is a couple thousand dollars here. I painted it a metallic gray, one of the new car colors that caught my eye. Turns out it was at one time a BMC gray which I had hoped my 64 1071 S would have been. As was a fad back then both had a bright red paint job when I got them. Keep me in mind, I have had a few problems responding to PMs, I'll do my best. Thank you Steve (CTR)