Lucas Brake Light Switch

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
111Robin

Lucas Brake Light Switch

Post by 111Robin »

Looking for either nos or good used hydraulic brake light switch but not taper thread as used on the Mini. Has to be 3/8" 24 UNF parallel threaded. Usual part number 34619. I stupidly bought one of the new "Lucas" switches despite knowing of their reputation for rapid failure and lo and behold a couple of months later and it has ceased to function.
imack

Re: Lucas Brake Light Switch

Post by imack »

If you're still looking for a lucas brake light switch I have one that I bought a few years ago for the mini but it was obviously the wrong thread type. If I remember rightly it was advertised as NOS.
I've tested it and it works electrically but I obviously can't test that it doesn't leak.
£10 posted
Iain
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
111Robin

Re: Lucas Brake Light Switch

Post by 111Robin »

Thanks Iain I'll take that. It'll be handy when the Chinese one I've just fitted blows, probably next week. I'lll PM you.