Mk1 & Mk11 Tartan Red Interior Trim

Want to sell something? Here's the place to list it for free! (DIRECT SALES / SWAPS) No ebay links please.
Posts are automatically deleted after 3 months.
Forum rules
For Sale Section Rules

PLEASE NOTE! Postings in this section are deleted automatically after they have not been looked at for 30 days.

1) This section is for advertising items that you have for sale. Not for the discussion of listed items. If you wish to debate the pro's & Con's of any item listed, please start a new topic in the appropriate section.

2) Please DO NOT post links to your ebay auctions. This section is NOT for the advertisement of your ebay auctions.

3) If you have a number of items to sell, post them in a single ad marked "Multiple Parts" or similar. DO NOT post many individual advertisements as this forces everyone else's listings down the page.

4) It is expected that any items advertised on the forum are described fairly & honestly. It is the duty of the seller to ensure that this is the case.

5) Items listed for sale should WHEREVER POSSIBLE* be offered with a purchase price, not asking for bids from members. If you wish to auction your item to the highest bidder I would suggest you use ebay & pay the associated fees.

6) This section is offered as a free service to enthusiasts. Any deals made are between the buyer & seller only. The MK1 forum takes no part in any transaction & the appearance of any item in this section is not a recommendation. I strongly suggest that both buyers & sellers are happy to proceed with a deal before any money or goods change hands.

7) It expected that people posting items for sale are "Active Members of this community". Any Adverts placed by members with a post count lower than 5 will be deleted.

8) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden. Any member breaking this rule will have his membership terminated with immediate effect.

9) If a moderator considers any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of these simple requests the MK1 Forum reserves the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

10) The posting of items for sale on the MK1 forum constitutes explicit acceptance of these simple rules.

11) Members posting items for sale MUST include a rough location in their profile.

It would be much appreciated if sellers could leave the sale price on adverts after the item has been sold. This acts as a good measure of current value for other sellers.

* In some cases it may not be possible for the seller to list items with a sale price. In this case, listings will be reviewed on a case by case basis by a moderator. The moderators decision will be final.

Mark S Forster
(MK1 Performance Conversions)
Rev 2.10 (06.10.20)
simmo

Mk1 & Mk11 Tartan Red Interior Trim

Post by simmo »

I have a mixture of Mk1 & Mk11 Tartan Red interior trim for sale. There's comfortably enough kit to make one almost complete excellent set, with plenty of spares. The pics show everything that's included but happy to provide more detailed pics of specific items if needed. (not shown is another pair of front seats that's also included).

Condition ranges from excellent to tatty but it's all factory period items except the carpet.

Asking £395 for the lot but will listen to sensible offers
Collection only please from Swindon, Wilts.
Cash on collection is preferred but Bank transfer or Paypal friends & family both okay also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simmo

Re: Mk1 & Mk11 Tartan Red Interior Trim

Post by simmo »

more pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simmo

Post by simmo »

carpet
gs.davies

Post by gs.davies »

If it doesn’t go complete I’d be interested in taking the door fillets.
MiNiKiN

Post by MiNiKiN »

I'd love to buy these, sadly pick-up is not an option as I cannot schedule the 1000mile trip into my current diary and wallet ;)
Yes I am a nerd: I am researching the Austrian Mini-racing scene of the 60s and 70s :ugeek:
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Send in a courier to pick them up, I know DHL does this - assuming the seller is happy to pack them of course
360gts

Post by 360gts »

A small tip here....what I do is I get the seller to pack the items...weigh them...send me the dimensions and the weight.
Then, I go to Parcel2go and get a quote on the courier charges etc. https://www.parcel2go.com/?mkwid=_dc&pc ... =parcel2go
When you pay the Parcel2go....I forward the labels to the seller and arrange for the courier to collect. Fairly simple process....little work for the seller. Parcel2go will show you a whole range of courier options.
Sure I am not the only member who does this.
Anyway, just a thought.
Striped shirt

Post by Striped shirt »

360gts wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:07 pm A small tip here....what I do is I get the seller to pack the items...weigh them...send me the dimensions and the weight.
Then, I go to Parcel2go and get a quote on the courier charges etc. https://www.parcel2go.com/?mkwid=_dc&pc ... =parcel2go
When you pay the Parcel2go....I forward the labels to the seller and arrange for the courier to collect. Fairly simple process....little work for the seller. Parcel2go will show you a whole range of courier options.
Anyway, just a thought.
I use Parcel2go all the.time, and they are generally excellent.
However, for large or mid-heavy parcels there is a bit of a market void. Tuffnels used to be the best for anything over 30kg (single person lift) or very large parcels (seats, etc), but they disappeared over a year ago.
UPS will do heavy-ish, small-ish (bare blocks, geqrboxes) but a full wrapped trim I doubt they will do.
I would suggest palletonline. It's actually good value. Weight is never an issue and as long as its on a euro pallet, size is not a problem. They do a 'micro' pallet service, a euro pallet that's under 60cm in height.
Also, with parcel2go, they do not insure any 'car parts'. They will tale your money for insurance, but they won't entertain a payout, just postage cost refund.
Parcelmonkey are also very good.
Hope that helps.
MiNiKiN

Post by MiNiKiN »

Striped shirt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:53 pm
360gts wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:07 pm A small tip here....what I do is I get the seller to pack the items...weigh them...send me the dimensions and the weight.
Anyway, just a thought.
I use Parcel2go all the.time, and they are generally excellent.
However, for large or mid-heavy parcels there is a bit of a market void. Tuffnels used to be the best for anything over 30kg (single person lift) or very large parcels (seats, etc), but they disappeared over a year ago.
UPS will do heavy-ish, small-ish (bare blocks, geqrboxes) but a full wrapped trim I doubt they will do.
I would suggest palletonline. It's actually good value. Weight is never an issue and as long as its on a euro pallet, size is not a problem. They do a 'micro' pallet service, a euro pallet that's under 60cm in height.
Also, with parcel2go, they do not insure any 'car parts'. They will tale your money for insurance, but they won't entertain a payout, just postage cost refund.
Parcelmonkey are also very good.
Hope that helps.
I tried to get a quote from palletonline, but for shippment to EU both, the seller and recipient need to have an EORI number, i.e. it is a B2B service only. ;)
Yes I am a nerd: I am researching the Austrian Mini-racing scene of the 60s and 70s :ugeek:
Striped shirt

Post by Striped shirt »

Why can't you get an EOIR number? You just fill a form in online and it gets emailed to you. There's no charge, there isn't in the UK. It's just a number to connect you to your shipments you pay the import tax, its not a big deal.
Anyway, no problem, just trying to help.