3&4 Synchro genuine gearbox parts-Updated 7 June

Want to sell something? Here's the place to list it for free! (DIRECT SALES / SWAPS) No ebay links please.
Forum rules
For Sale Section Rules

PLEASE NOTE! Postings in this section are deleted automatically after they have not been looked at for 30 days.

1) This section is for advertising items that you have for sale. Not for the discussion of listed items. If you wish to debate the pro's & Con's of any item listed, please start a new topic in the appropriate section.

2) Please DO NOT post links to your ebay auctions. This section is NOT for the advertisement of your ebay auctions.

3) If you have a number of items to sell, post them in a single ad marked "Multiple Parts" or similar. DO NOT post many individual advertisements as this forces everyone else's listings down the page.

4) It is expected that any items advertised on the forum are described fairly & honestly. It is the duty of the seller to ensure that this is the case.

5) Items listed for sale should WHEREVER POSSIBLE* be offered with a purchase price, not asking for bids from members. If you wish to auction your item to the highest bidder I would suggest you use ebay & pay the associated fees.

6) This section is offered as a free service to enthusiasts. Any deals made are between the buyer & seller only. The MK1 forum takes no part in any transaction & the appearance of any item in this section is not a recommendation. I strongly suggest that both buyers & sellers are happy to proceed with a deal before any money or goods change hands.

7) It expected that people posting items for sale are "Active Members of this community". Any Adverts placed by members with a post count lower than 5 will be deleted.

8) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden. Any member breaking this rule will have his membership terminated with immediate effect.

9) If a moderator considers any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of these simple requests the MK1 Forum reserves the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

10) The posting of items for sale on the MK1 forum constitutes explicit acceptance of these simple rules.

11) Members posting items for sale MUST include a rough location in their profile.

It would be much appreciated if sellers could leave the sale price on adverts after the item has been sold. This acts as a good measure of current value for other sellers.

* In some cases it may not be possible for the seller to list items with a sale price. In this case, listings will be reviewed on a case by case basis by a moderator. The moderators decision will be final.

Mark S Forster
(MK1 Performance Conversions)
Rev 2.10 (06.10.20)
Jason

Re: 3&4 Synchro genuine gearbox parts-Updated 26/02

Post by Jason »

Some more parts uncovered, so list has been updated 26/02. More pictures of used parts to add tomorrow.
Jason

Re: 3&4 Synchro genuine gearbox parts-Updated 06/03

Post by Jason »

Later than planned, used parts pictures added. Drop me a PM for any specific gearbox parts that you are after and I will try my best to help you out if I have them.
Rgds J
Jason

Re: 3&4 Synchro genuine gearbox parts-Updated 06/03

Post by Jason »

Bag of bronze mainshaft bearing races found today and added to the items for sale, these were manufactured by R&M/RHP for the old and best mainshaft bearings with full metal races. These races used to break due to wear. A pair of these will keep the old bearings going provided the balls and bearing running faces are good, much better than the modern replacement type with plastic races.
J
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason

Re: 3&4 Synchro genuine gearbox parts-Updated 25/03

Post by Jason »

More gearbox parts added today and pictures updated.
Jason

Re: 3&4 Synchro genuine gearbox parts-Updated 14th April

Post by Jason »

More parts added today, hoping to get to Blyton on the 1st so can bring parts with me if there is any interest. Let me know if there are any gearbox parts you need that I have not got listed and I will check my stocks.
Thanks J
Andrew1967
Location: Usually in my garage on the east coast of Norfolk, UK

Post by Andrew1967 »

Are those brass cages for the 22G460 bearings Jason, or the smaller earlier ones ?
Jason

Post by Jason »

Hi Andrew
For the 22G460 65mm O/D mainshaft bearing. Back from the early 80s when components could be dismantled and worn parts replaced :D
J
Andrew1967
Location: Usually in my garage on the east coast of Norfolk, UK

Post by Andrew1967 »

In that case Jason, can you bring me a couple of pairs to Blyton please ?

If you don't get there, we can sort out posting them later on. No hurry for them, just might be useful in years to come :)

Repairing ... its just replacing nowadays it seems !!
Jason

Post by Jason »

No problem Andrew, will make sure they come with me. Hopefully look forward to seeing you there :D

J
Jason

Post by Jason »

2 x 22G1128 remote gearboxes, no diff or diff housing but studs are all there. Unmolested no damage to casings and fins good, will require stripping down as they have been stored for along time and are full of dust and debris. The gear sets are not seized, Ideal donors to fit magic wand diff housing to. Pictures available on request,
Standard ratio with 17T pinion fitted.
£75 each plus postage,
BOTH NOW SOLD.
Last edited by Jason on Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.