1990 Rover mainstream Cooper

Want to sell something? Here's the place to list it for free! (DIRECT SALES / SWAPS) No ebay links please.
Posts are automatically deleted after 3 months.
Forum rules
For Sale Section Rules

PLEASE NOTE! Postings in this section are deleted automatically after they have not been looked at for 30 days.

1) This section is for advertising items that you have for sale. Not for the discussion of listed items. If you wish to debate the pro's & Con's of any item listed, please start a new topic in the appropriate section.

2) Please DO NOT post links to your ebay auctions. This section is NOT for the advertisement of your ebay auctions.

3) If you have a number of items to sell, post them in a single ad marked "Multiple Parts" or similar. DO NOT post many individual advertisements as this forces everyone else's listings down the page.

4) It is expected that any items advertised on the forum are described fairly & honestly. It is the duty of the seller to ensure that this is the case.

5) Items listed for sale should WHEREVER POSSIBLE* be offered with a purchase price, not asking for bids from members. If you wish to auction your item to the highest bidder I would suggest you use ebay & pay the associated fees.

6) This section is offered as a free service to enthusiasts. Any deals made are between the buyer & seller only. The MK1 forum takes no part in any transaction & the appearance of any item in this section is not a recommendation. I strongly suggest that both buyers & sellers are happy to proceed with a deal before any money or goods change hands.

7) It expected that people posting items for sale are "Active Members of this community". Any Adverts placed by members with a post count lower than 5 will be deleted.

8) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden. Any member breaking this rule will have his membership terminated with immediate effect.

9) If a moderator considers any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of these simple requests the MK1 Forum reserves the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

10) The posting of items for sale on the MK1 forum constitutes explicit acceptance of these simple rules.

11) Members posting items for sale MUST include a rough location in their profile.

It would be much appreciated if sellers could leave the sale price on adverts after the item has been sold. This acts as a good measure of current value for other sellers.

* In some cases it may not be possible for the seller to list items with a sale price. In this case, listings will be reviewed on a case by case basis by a moderator. The moderators decision will be final.

Mark S Forster
(MK1 Performance Conversions)
Rev 2.10 (06.10.20)
CooperTune

Re: 1990 Rover mainstream Cooper

Post by CooperTune »

I'm somewhat reluctant to make the offer for fear someone will take me up on it. Roughly a year ago I brought this gray car back to the shop following a low cost paint job. About the same time I was ask to buy the wide body to avoid it being stored out side while owner was deployed. As a result I loaded Gray with all the parts to assemble and covered. To move the wide body project along I used the power unit ear marked for the gray. I have the compete number matching 90 Rover Cooper power unit. I did not rebuild it last year due to very slow turn around by local machine shops.
If it would spark someone's interest I'd be willing to discuss rebuilding the OE power unit with choice of CWP and cam. I need the room to begin work on the gray. When I purchased gray I was unaware it is a 1966 Morris Cooper 998 with V5c and UK hill climb log book and vintage race history. Steve (CTR)
mowog

Post by mowog »

Wide body
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CooperTune

Post by CooperTune »

Who could say no to a face like that? I had no intention of buying and rebuilding this car. You can see my 62 Super Deluxe project. Behind it is my 60 850. Above the 60 is a 60 shell on the loft, next to that is a mid 60s UK Moke and beside that a 64 1071 Cooper S, all projects. Next room over, a 85 1000E with 1360 Cooper S power that I drove 17 years and 176,000 miles before parking due to oil burning. And a 99 Sport Pack very custom all KAD and Swiftune. And there is a 66 Morris 998 Cooper rust repair and paint done to a price point waiting assembly. Old Blue the Rally car is out for rust repair and paint. If I can't sell complete cars I'll have to sell projects. Steve (CTR)
timmy201

Post by timmy201 »

Hi Steve, just a suggestion for you - I’m a bit confused reading this thread what condition the mini you’re selling is in. Are you able to make a single post with the spec of the mini now that you’re selling?

There’s photos of an engine that’s not in this mini, one mini with a checker roof and other photos with a plain roof
CooperTune

Post by CooperTune »

Sorry, no intention to confuse. I sat down and wrote five legal pad pages to describe the wide body. I have before and after pictures of the ten months and $10,000 US I spent repairing, replacing and rebuilding everything. I'm sure I can find a picture of the correct power unit, the one posted was just the unit I was testing on the day it was posted. Yes, I need to sell this one and the eight more I have. If you take a look at the mixed emotion thread on general chat you will see I won't sell a Flintstone car even to Barney and Fred. Thanks for your interest. Steve (CTR)
CooperTune

Post by CooperTune »

OK,
For sale: 1990 Rover Mainstream Cooper. First sold in Italy I have the service packet. Some how made it to Germany and was converted to Sport Pack wheels/tires and flares spec. Purchased buy US service man it made it's way to eastern US. It have been here on Va title twenty some years. Following a meeting with a Ford PU rear bumper it was converted to full MInitec GT street body kit. While body kit was very well applied the under lying inner panels were not properly repaired. Being a two pc. lift off front bonnet comes off remove make repairs and put it back.
power 1293 A series .020 bore small journal crank, S con rods , decked, cam bearings freeze plugs rods and mains oil pump
APT camshaft roughly same a 544/643 wakes up about 2200. ported cyl head large valve 11 to 1 C/R by the numbers.
Rover Cooper intake and HIF44 complete with anti run on valve. Large center pipe LCB with cherry bomb resonator
and large center exit twin up sweep. all clean, solid, properly hung and sealed.
trans rod change with S/C C/R gear set fresh bearings to include under 1st, 2nd, 3rd. shift forks synchros. Center oil pickup
HD diff pin new spiders all thrusts 4/13 CWP, rebushed side covers seals 1 new pot one repacked and sealed new CVs
shift housing rebushed new shift eye and KAD short shifter. (works very nice)
miss S racer red springs with Hi -Los and correct bump and drop[ stops. Adj Spax all around. wheel bearings either replaced
or cleaned, inspected, packed and sealed. brakes 8.4s SS pistons and kits, rears shoes springs cyls adjusters. Swing
arms bushed and reamed sub frames powder coated 7X13 wheels with brand new 175/50/13 street tires, aligned,
corner weighted ride height for street use.
body inner wings repaired new electric fan installed driver side face vent deleted. both front floor repaired with correct metal.
Result of jacking under floor. (air dam is low) other wise very sound body look anywhere. Dark tint glass all around.
org interior nice no burns or tears. All cable controls replaced, all (yes all) switches replaced. Front comes off with
single plug.
And I have not driven it on the new tires, did a little on 15 year old tires and also 12 inch Yokes the sticky ones. it is a hoot!
CooperTune

Post by CooperTune »

Good morning, I have received text, email and a phone call in regards selling this car. I in no way dispute the suggestion I have no idea how to sell a car. I don't enjoy the selling process. It has been suggest I take about 100 pictures and a couple of videos and post on BAT or Face Book market. Not being a social media person I'll have to figure it out. Thanks for your interest. Steve (CTR)

If you missed it on page one I'm still looking for $24,000. US and selling it would sure help with cost over runs for Old Blue.
mowog

Post by mowog »

Underside
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CooperTune

Post by CooperTune »

While not a good quality pic, with out a lift it's hard to get a good shot. You can see a bottle of Windex i was using to wash the bottom. It's clear some type of thin under coat was applied after sub frame was installed. There is no rust in treated or untreated areas. If not for the jacking damage to front floors ( now properly repaired ) it would be near perfect shell. Buying a rotten mini is a heart breaker. I currently can't get this one out of my shop without moving four others. I need some relief. Thanks Steve (CTR)