RR mini

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
skorstensfejeren

RR mini

Post by skorstensfejeren »

The smallest Rolls Royce i think :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
guru_1071

Re: RR mini

Post by guru_1071 »

id love to be able to buy one for those fronts if any one has one tucked away.

they where made in the early 1970s
please note, these are my own, individual sales, nothing whatsoever to do with my employer, minispares
skorstensfejeren

guru_1071 wrote:id love to be able to buy one for those fronts if any one has one tucked away.

they where made in the early 1970s
Okay.. didn´t know that... Thougt it was home made... but quite cool...
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

Wasn't it a Brian Luff project? RR sent him a quiet 'polite but firm' cease and decist letter I think. It wasn't the panels they objected to, rather the use of the grill.

All the really cool kids drive Bentleys anyway!

Interestingly, the only non RR product they have alowed the grill to be used on was Lady Penelope's hideous pink buble topped monstrosity in 'Thunderbirds'

Al
Vegard

Post by Vegard »

That would be do perfect on an Elf/Hornet!!
guru_1071

Post by guru_1071 »

Pandora wrote:Wasn't it a Brian Luff project? RR sent him a quiet 'polite but firm' cease and decist letter I think. It wasn't the panels they objected to, rather the use of the grill.

All the really cool kids drive Bentleys anyway!

Interestingly, the only non RR product they have alowed the grill to be used on was Lady Penelope's hideous pink buble topped monstrosity in 'Thunderbirds'

Al

yes, it was one of brian luffs creations, along with the mighty status 365. he of course then went on to make his fortune from the black and decker workmate. i once wrote to him with a s.a.e and he didnt have the decency to reply, which marked his cards a little!

more interestingly the full sized FAB1 replica used the front suspension from a 6 wheeled Bedford VAL coach

all the cool people drive bentleys, up to and including the anarge, anything made after that is just lout footballers cars :lol:
please note, these are my own, individual sales, nothing whatsoever to do with my employer, minispares
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

Maybe he didn't write back 'cause you were asking for spares for your workmate, and it was designed by Ron Hickman, the bloke who designed the Elan, and not Brian Luff?

:lol:

ironically, he's made more money from people making copies of the workmate, and to whom he allows the use of his patent (for a suitable fee)
skorstensfejeren

Got a few more pictures...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tedmcedd

Post by tedmcedd »

Its rather terrible....

It could have been done a lot better!

I like it in all its awfulness though.
guru_1071

Post by guru_1071 »

joking apart

if anyone has one of these fronts for sale, let me know!!!