You know it’s nearly Goodwood Revival

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
snoopy64

You know it’s nearly Goodwood Revival

Post by snoopy64 »

when …….
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers

Kevin
davidnutland

Re: You know it’s nearly Goodwood Revival

Post by davidnutland »

Went past there today like a ghost town all ready and waiting for the action.
woodypup59

Post by woodypup59 »

Going for the first time on Saturday.

Aim to get there EARLY (7am) and leave late.

Any suggestions from those who have been before ?
wantafaster1

Post by wantafaster1 »

woodypup59 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:50 pm Going for the first time on Saturday.

Aim to get there EARLY (7am) and leave late.

Any suggestions from those who have been before ?
I don't know what to suggest there's so much to see. I watched 3 races in two days!
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

Not been for a few years now but getting their early usually means less time queuing in the roads and lanes around Goodwood. Not sure if it is still the same routes in but one year I was stuck in a very slow moving queue of modern cars and then saw a sign directing classic cars down a near empty side road to the classic parking area only, this probably saved a further hour of queuing and it seemed to work even for the modern cars which decided to chance it and follow the classics....as when they arrived at the classic car park they were just directed to a nearby field of modern car parking, probably as turning them around would cause further chaos.
Once you are there as said it can be hard to watch all the races as so much to see, especially if you have not been before as some things are there every year. Friday was always my preferred day as less busy in general and less non-motoring enthusiasts there who just come for the dressing up side retro lifestyle side of things....
snoopy64

Post by snoopy64 »

seen the weather forecast again… not tweed weather!!
Cheers

Kevin
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

snoopy64 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:46 am seen the weather forecast again… not tweed weather!!
T shirts were around in the 1960's and Goodwood covers that era, when I grew up in the late 1950/60's only my very old school teachers still wore tweed jackets (+leather elbow patches)... :lol:
W1NG3D

Post by W1NG3D »

Went along yesterday and it was absolutely sweltering, even though it was fairly overcast for much of the day. I opted for a short sleeved boilersuit and was rather sweaty after getting out of the car, having endured a good 1hr 40 mins of traffic for what would've ordinarily been a 25 minute drive :lol: safe to say my car really doesn't like stop-start traffic with its hot cam and ultralight flywheel+heavy duty clutch, but hey ho, we made it there and back intact...

InnoCooperExport

Post by InnoCooperExport »

I'm watching the live stream at the moment, have I missed something or are there no Minis racing this year?
Of course I know what a dipstick is, you get called something often enough you look it up!
W1NG3D

Post by W1NG3D »

InnoCooperExport wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:38 pm I'm watching the live stream at the moment, have I missed something or are there no Minis racing this year?
Sadly it looked like there aren't any Minis taking to the track, I walked around for ages yesterday trying to find some Mini racers with no success. There were some Cooper S's outside the BMW area on display, and the Mini stand inside Earls Court with a nice early Mini-Minor alongside two of their latest gen electric models, but that was about it.