Mk1 Morris Cooper S chrome on brass grille.

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
uncle 997

Mk1 Morris Cooper S chrome on brass grille.

Post by uncle 997 »

Hi All.
A quick question about how much is an original chrome Morris grille worth.
It came off a car many years ago and it is in good original condition with straight slats. The chrome has the usual patina marks on it and it could be used as is or re -chromed to be concourse.
Thinking of taking it bingley at the weekend to sell but wanted a honest opinion of what the value would be.
steve1071

Re: Mk1 Morris Cooper S chrome on brass grille.

Post by steve1071 »

Sent you a pm
AndyPen

Post by AndyPen »

Valuing it is a bit tough when it would have to be dismantled etc. I guess. I have had a few conversations as to when they changed to steel, and then of course other lightweight versions appeared. So your market is worth considering. Does it have the turned in or turned out slats at the bottom?
Pete

Post by Pete »

If it’s reasonably presentable it’s got to be worth £150+. Repro is just short of a ton now and I’d have chrome over stainless any day! There’s at least two types of chrome ones though.
Nick W

Post by Nick W »

Pete wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:23 am If it’s reasonably presentable it’s got to be worth £150+. Repro is just short of a ton now and I’d have chrome over stainless any day! There’s at least two types of chrome ones though.
Could have sworn the were worth £400 when we had a deal ;) :lol:
Up North in Sheffield
Pete

Post by Pete »

A nice one will Nick!
uncle 997

Post by uncle 997 »

Just looked at the Grille and the bottom slat is pointed at the ends which indicates that it is a very early one.