hello, new here

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Joel Welsh 4769VU

Re: hello, new here

Post by Joel Welsh 4769VU »

Welcome!

Looking forward to seeing your next mini soon!!
Wauseon, Ohio- United States
1964 mk1 Austin Cooper "Dianna"
Tartan red and black
I can't take credit for what others built- all I can do is try to put her back on the road. :shock:
MrSmith

Post by MrSmith »

mab01uk wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:12 pm Welcome to the Mk1 Forum!

If you have not already found it, also check out the MK1 Performance Conversions Main Site:-
https://mk1-performance-conversions.co.uk/mk1_index.htm
Thank you, I hadn't seen this before but having a look now, thank you.

Joel Welsh 4769VU wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:47 am Welcome!

Looking forward to seeing your next mini soon!!

Thank you, I am working on acquiring a 1959 Mini and there is also a few bucket list minis I would like, Mini K and of course a mk1 Cooper S in Almond Green and Old English White.
MrSmith

Post by MrSmith »

Hello again, just wanted to ask a question please, I see in the heading for the forum " people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles"
Is this forum more geared towards that rather than restorations and originality of cars?

I have spent some time looking through the previous posts with much enjoyment and learning, I guess I was just curious if posts are more intended to be about tuning as in modification's and customisation of cars?

If that is the case, are there any other mk1 forums more focused on history, originality and restorations?

I hope this is not in bad taste to ask, just trying to feel my way here and get the vibe for the community here.

thank you
TECH396

Post by TECH396 »

MrSmith wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:03 am Hello again, just wanted to ask a question please, I see in the heading for the forum " people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles"
Is this forum more geared towards that rather than restorations and originality of cars?

I have spent some time looking through the previous posts with much enjoyment and learning, I guess I was just curious if posts are more intended to be about tuning as in modification's and customisation of cars?

If that is the case, are there any other mk1 forums more focused on history, originality and restorations?

I hope this is not in bad taste to ask, just trying to feel my way here and get the vibe for the community here.

thank you
You'll find the most comprehensive group of people within this forum. Some are very specialized. But If it's "Original Mini", you're in the right place.
Paul H.
MrSmith

Post by MrSmith »

Thank you Paul, that's wonderful to hear.

:D
snoopy64

Post by snoopy64 »

You certainly are in the right place…
Cheers

Kevin
Tim

Post by Tim »

Nice to see another Tasmanian, there are couple of us here I think. What Mini or Minis do you have at the moment?

Tim
1951 Morris Commercial J Type Van
1955 BSA C11G
1961 Morris Mini Traveller
1969 Triumph TR6R
1977 Leyland Moke Californian