works cars and alternator lights??

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
AndyPen

works cars and alternator lights??

Post by AndyPen »

Just wondering, did the works cars have the extra alternator light in the dash panel for any specific reason? I thought the one in the speedo would do the job? I am guessing it was just there to be more visible, but is there more to it than that?

Asking because I just found one of those green lights that they used, so wondering if it was originally fitted to my panel?
Polarsilver

Re: works cars and alternator lights??

Post by Polarsilver »

I did check the mystery ( Works ) Wiring Drawing that we both have & it shows just the standard Red Ign; Light located in the Speedo and that is the schematic for the early Alternator Car and does not show the additional Green Ign; Panel Light .. yet my late brothers Replica fitted with Alternator has both the red ign; light within the Speedo & also the Green Ign; Light which is located on the drivers panel (alongside the low oil pressure warning light) .. assume the answer is dependant on what year works replica you are working with .. i did look at the Abingdon Build list in "Anatomy of Works Minis" and that did not supply the answer as i assume the Lucas Engineers wireing the cars did their own thing at Abingdon to suit the Drivers requests..sure someone on the Forum will know the correct answers ?
Stopped-again

Post by Stopped-again »

Is this any help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AndyPen

Post by AndyPen »

Yes indeed - that confirms it ;-)

Fantastic. Many thanks for that ;-)