Is it worth it?

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Striped shirt

Re: Is it worth it?

Post by Striped shirt »

Peter Laidler wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:18 am The very WORST offenders are those '.....I'm going to restore it one of these days.....' dreamers. They rarely do but imagine that while the condition of the car goes down, the price goes up. Striped Shirt (above) ought to be honest with the W reg 850 (is it W prefix or W suffix ?) and tell him the reality of the situation and more so, the value NOW versus the cost of restoring it against the value when restored. And let the chickens come home to roost.

I have got the same scenario with a local alice-in-wonderland, 'going to restore it one of these days.....' dreamers. That's got me going now.... As a true get-up-and-go bloke. I'll feel pissed off all day now!
Peter, would you appreciate someone you dont know telling you that your car is not worth as much as you think? He is quite happy tinkering with his car that he's owned for the last 25 years. Its certainly not my place to offer that opinion to him.
peasantslife

Re: Is it worth it?

Post by peasantslife »

WMU 211G wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:14 am
peasantslife wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:43 pm I did wonder what had happened to it a month ago when I took that road from the motorway....I owned the same MK2 twice, in late 80's and mid 90's. £1500 first time and £2500 second. I'm afraid I do like big engine auto's.
It's been gone a while now, within a couple of weeks it's spot on the pavement was filled by a black Bentley Turbo, not sure if it's there now though.
There was another Inter in Nythe, Swindon, nose into the garage, but being too long the up and over door just rested on the goldfish bowl. Sat there for years.
I still covet Turbo Rs. Very few know the sill skin differs to all other SY's. Just try to get one to rev above 3k! Effortless torque.