Coming to a Road Near You

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
surfblue63

Coming to a Road Near You

Post by surfblue63 »

This is the latest piece of equipment being trialled by Warwickshire Police in an attempt to stop you using your phone, not wearing a seat belt and any other moving violations that they can detect. Fitted with cameras on a gantry to film both the car reg and the occupants. At present offenders are just being sent letters to make them aware that they are a menace to other road users, but repeat offenders will be sent fines and fixed penalties.

Obviously if this is successful in bolstering the Police coffers then it will be rolled out countrywide. Also judging by the rear window it will probably double up as a mobile speed camera.
:?:
mk1
Site Admin

Re: Coming to a Road Near You

Post by mk1 »

Because that is what the Police need isn't it.

Something else to help them persecute motorists who break traffic regulations, as opposed to catching criminals!
Mark F
General dogsbody.
surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

Pickers Of Low-hanging Ilama Cantalupe and Emu berries.
:?:
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Exactly, it's easy persecuting people who hold their hands up & say it's a fair cop, rather than people who scream "You'll never catch me alive Copper" & run off.
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Polarsilver

Post by Polarsilver »

Police time & money be better used if they stopped Knife Crime, given the terrible effects we hear about every UK Day .
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

This is a few years old, but from Government's own library, ( house of common library no less)....it is very difficult not to be cynical when you see deaths have been falling for years....where is the justification ?
0EAA89AB-CF9A-419F-AE93-E5D089DAFC6B.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

OK, so I have had a couple of snipes about this & I do believe what I say, but there are far more people killed on the roads than by knife crime. And a lot of those killed on the roads were by drivers who were going too fast or texting or both.

There are two sides to every coin ;)

Deaths in the UK due to knife crime 2020 - 235
Total deaths on the roads in the UK 2020 - 1516

The stats speak for themselves :(

For more info, this is a very good tool.

https://roadtraffic.dft.gov.uk/custom-d ... -accidents
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Richspec

Post by Richspec »

mk1 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:34 pm Because that is what the Police need isn't it.

Something else to help them persecute motorists who break traffic regulations, as opposed to catching criminals!
I dont think the civilian operators of the speed camera vans would be much cop at catching criminals, face it the police are shite at it..

Although i hate the cash cows that are speed camera vans I've no complaints about clamping down on people using the phone while driving, as someone who spends a lot of time on the roads, both driving and parked up working on the roadside I'd much prefer the numpties out there to be concentrating on keeping on the tarmac bits rather than FB, Tiktok, whatsapp etc.
Wanna see what I'm playing with? Youtube Channel
Caution ;) may contain 8 Ports, Xe's and VTec's, I don't do standard!
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Agreed.

I have enough problems manipulating my mobile phone when I have my specs on and am giving it 100% concentration, let alone trying to drive at the same time :lol:
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

As for not wearing seat belts. While it is quite laudable, it is really just being a naughty boy. The fact is that it is a victimless 'crime'. The only 'victim' is the daft miscreant. Others call it natural selection. But whatever it is, it's hardly a police matter....., or even a Court matter really.