Hagerty insurance UK

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Mini-geek

Hagerty insurance UK

Post by Mini-geek »

Anyone used their UK company for insurance?
Polarsilver

Re: Hagerty insurance UK

Post by Polarsilver »

Been with Hagerty for donkeys year .. they do not give me any issues but have never needed to claim or use the breakdown also included.
Never been an issue with my own Valuations of a car they just want photos & annual mileage nothing other ..i put all my cars on road cover as it is more cost effective even if they are off road.
Sold a Car & Hagerty gave an immediate refund on remaining policy.
kit of bits

Post by kit of bits »

I used flux for the pick up insurance and have used them on several cars over the last 20 years..

When making a claim they were painful as were the underwriter as expected

Once past them the valuer, engineers, loss adjuster, etc etc were very helpful

The best thing flux sold me was a 25% uplift on the agreed value if the car was a total loss..

One thing to double check is all paperwork and agreed value is 100% in place, thank god for recording the phone calls!
D
AndyPen

Post by AndyPen »

Used them for about 15 years now and all seems very straight forward when you periodically update your photos.

Only one break down call for my Cosworth when the alternator packed up. Excellent service and they double checked details about the car before sending the right type of recovery vehicle.
Mini-geek

Post by Mini-geek »

Funny you say that about the agreed value because they seem really relaxed about it I said 10k and they just agreed I'm sure they said no need to send pictures that it was fine

No idea how to value my car it's not the money I'd be bothered about
Polarsilver

Post by Polarsilver »

Have a look at the Hagerty Valuation Tool .. this will give you an idea of your cars value .. i found its up to the policy holder to suggest the agreed value & that agreed value is relative to the amount of premium that you pay.
probable that If you want cheaper classic insurance then agree a low value for your car.
What i do not understand is Hagerty Values are given in Several Magazines with Values shown that are less than their own Valuation Tool site shows.
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

kit of bits wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:24 am One thing to double check is all paperwork and agreed value is 100% in place, thank god for recording the phone calls!
D
With Reis Insurance, they were pedantic (organised, I suppose) over getting all paperwork and agreed value in place, which I saw as a good thing, not claimed though........
kit of bits

Post by kit of bits »

Mini-geek wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:31 pm Funny you say that about the agreed value because they seem really relaxed about it I said 10k and they just agreed I'm sure they said no need to send pictures that it was fine

No idea how to value my car it's not the money I'd be bothered about
If the worst happens and I never dreamed it would £10k won’t replace much..
Brynmor

Post by Brynmor »

One thing with Hagerty is a lot of the enthusiasts have left the company. That element used to make a huge difference in dealings with them I found.
kit of bits

Post by kit of bits »

Angus & Marcus have set up on there own..