Kidd in a Sweetshop - James Martin

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Peter Laidler

Re: Kidd in a Sweetshop - James Martin

Post by Peter Laidler »

What you'd call a '.......transient mini enthusiast and owner....' Just my opinion of course.

Slightly off track a bit, but of personalities, who remembers the outrage following his appearance - in a Ferrari - at the 50th anniversary of the introduction of the 1071 Cooper S at Beaulieu. The 1071's were the stars of the show, supposedly, but guess who and what car made centre of the arena. I make no further comment
miniminor

Post by miniminor »

No opinion on James Martin per se, but Chris Evans, there is a 🛎end.
"Get the wheels in line, Get the wheels in line with it! ..... and then slam your brakes on or we'll be in the cabin ! "

1963 Morris Mini Minor Superdeluxe
2014 Freelander 2 SD4
251 ENG

Post by 251 ENG »

I watched this on YouTube , then straight afterwards came on Jodie Kidd,s programme with Nick Mason,a wife .

The difference between the two collections and the owners is chalk and cheese :D
Pete

Post by Pete »

Peter Laidler wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:55 am What you'd call a '.......transient mini enthusiast and owner....' Just my opinion of course.

Slightly off track a bit, but of personalities, who remembers the outrage following his appearance - in a Ferrari - at the 50th anniversary of the introduction of the 1071 Cooper S at Beaulieu. The 1071's were the stars of the show, supposedly, but guess who and what car made centre of the arena. I make no further comment
Transient? Well his first car was a Mini so he’s taking his time being transient.

Agree on your second point though, that was embarrassing. 50th anniversary of the Cooper S and did the 1071s get a lap of the arena? Nope, not a sniff, it was all the usual clique but mainly all about falling all over James Martin. Luckily I got help put a 50th of the Cooper S on at Shelsley Walsh a month later which went down well.
iain1967s

Post by iain1967s »

Never been a great fan of Jodie… there’s something about her faux-bubbly ‘oh darling’ intonation and delivery that grates with me. But have to say this YouTube series is great stuff for the selection of guests and cars.

The Annette Mason episode was excellent - what a great character she is. I just watched the Brian Johnson episode - he seems like a genuine car enthusiast too, plus of course he owns/races a Cooper S so is ‘one of us’ :)
66Traveller

Post by 66Traveller »

Yes Annette Mason is cool.