ANYONE OFF TO THE REVIVAL?

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
haynes

Re: ANYONE OFF TO THE REVIVAL?

Post by haynes »

Does anyone know if the Spitties will be scrambled Saturday morning, cant see anything about it on the website? Anyone know what time takeoff is, believe its usually 8.00am?? Lovely to hear their cold start and see them take to the air.
Minisprinter

Post by Minisprinter »

haynes wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:12 pm Does anyone know if the Spitties will be scrambled Saturday morning, cant see anything about it on the website? Anyone know what time takeoff is, believe its usually 8.00am?? Lovely to hear their cold start and see them take to the air.

It looks like around 8am & 5pm Saturday
8am Sunday
I must admit I miss the old days when you would get a few shows a day especially before H&S got involved with there silly minimum height and no flying over the public crap, what would the late great Ray Hanna make of it all ( well knowing him ignore everything and stick a low pass up the start finish straight again)

MS
snoopy64

Post by snoopy64 »

Ticket sorted for Friday… taking the Cooper… look out for the white mk2 with cosmics :)

Hoping to meet Mark this time after several failed attempts at Goodwood last time !! :D
Cheers

Kevin
W1NG3D

Post by W1NG3D »

Yes! I'll be there :D

Managed to get it running and driving again today so will be able to join the pre-66 show on Saturday.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Post pictures up for those of us who can’t make it! This Cooper Car Co Surbiton garage set is brill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

For those not going to the Revival, the live feed is no on line on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqIOU65IL_k

Also a timetable of the event is here. https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/goo ... timetable/

And the Mini race is on on Saturday
haynes

Post by haynes »

Do Swiftune have a trade stand? Wanted to have a closer look at the Madgwick road car but I guess Swifty's too busy screeching round the track.
haynes

Post by haynes »

Another dumb question - do you need any form of covid pass, as the Silverstone Classic you needed it?
Minisprinter

Post by Minisprinter »

haynes wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:11 pm Another dumb question - do you need any form of covid pass, as the Silverstone Classic you needed it?
No we walked straight in no problems

MS
snoopy64

Post by snoopy64 »

Well for a Friday it was mighty busy today really surprised…track timetable went out the window so I missed the Grenadier rendezvous!!

Queues from early doors but a great experience as always…
Cheers

Kevin