Who's going to Stanford Hall?

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
WMU 211G

Re: Who's going to Stanford Hall?

Post by WMU 211G »

I'll be going as it's almost on my door step, me and the Mrs have always consider it as our 'local' show. Went for the first time in '91 and have only missed three or four since then, the concours toothbrush and mirrors stuff with too much bling bolted on leaves me a bit cold but I still enjoy looking at the older cars and chatting with the owners.

Whatever the weather there's usually a good atmosphere at Stanford but you do tend to get the same cars appearing year after year, much like any other one marque show. I've just bought a new PC and started rescanning my old Mini photos from '91 onwards and although a handful of the cars I photographed back then are definitely still around, it's remarkable how many have vanished over the years. Back then I was really getting into Mk1s and 2s with a vengeance and photographed as many as I could and that passion for the '60s Minis hasn't gone away, hopefully this year there will be some 'new' early cars to enjoy.
Nidge

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S

1992 Maserati Biturbo 430 2.8 litre V6
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

Andrew1967 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:00 pm Being out on a limb in Norfolk means any show is miles away but I do like to try to get to one or two shows a year but not in a Mini any more. If HOY ever gets to a show it will be on the back of a trailer :roll: :lol:
I don't blame you, it is no fun driving a Mini on a long motorway trip to a show or the risk of ending up with some modern motorist not paying attention, rear ending your Mini with their SUV battering ram.....causing a minor scuff on their front bumper but major repairs on your Mk1 bodyshell and/or whiplash injuries or worse for yourself and any passengers... :cry:
Rear ended Mk1:-
http://mk1-forum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32587
spoon.450

Post by spoon.450 »

I'm hoping to go to Stanford in a mini. There's a small group between Buxton and Derby that have shown interest in a group drive down there as it's reasonably local. If anyone else is interested I'll push to arrange something more positive.....
colonel mustard

Post by colonel mustard »

Hi Dave
Hope your well?
Might be heading to Stanford, not sure as to weather it’s the mini or van yet (depends if the kids are coming!)
coopertim
Location: In the garage spending far more time and money than my wife agreed to! Lincolnshire UK

Post by coopertim »

I’m booked in to the Concours with the S but if there’s a Mk1 Performance group going, I’ve got the forum banner you could use? Let me know.

Tim
Andrew1967
Location: Usually in my garage on the east coast of Norfolk, UK

Post by Andrew1967 »

I've decided to go but not in a Mini.

Will be looking along with my mate for any early GT parts and panels.
coopertim
Location: In the garage spending far more time and money than my wife agreed to! Lincolnshire UK

Post by coopertim »

I’m booked in to concours not because I expect to win anything but because the car is close and I can sit with it and put my purchases in it! Polishing the sheep shit off a car ended for me way back when I was awarded car of the show with EDV 32C back in 1997!

Tim
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

I'm not going now as I'm at Goodwood.
Mark F
General dogsbody.
kit of bits

Post by kit of bits »

I’ll be at stanford but not in a mini mine are all still in store😬
D
tjw89

Post by tjw89 »

We will be there in the trunk trading area. Selling parts from garage clearances.

Tim