Who's going to Stanford Hall?

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
surfblue63

Re: Who's going to Stanford Hall?

Post by surfblue63 »

mk1 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:48 pm LWB cars

??
Vans/Pick-Ups/Travellers and Countrymen (lend me your ears)
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

:lol: :lol:
Mark F
General dogsbody.
woodypup59

Post by woodypup59 »

mk1 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:34 pm That was my assumption too, but in all my years faffing with Mini's I hadn't ever heard of anyone identifying a bunch of models as LWB.
Sorry to confuse peeps, I thought it was a well known term for woodies, vans and pickups. :o

After all, we didn't get a chance to celebrate 60 years of them last year.
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

I don't think you confused any peeps, but this one. It doesn't take much :lol:
Mark F
General dogsbody.
kit of bits

Post by kit of bits »

I’d like to go it’s just up the road but it will depend on when we race at goodwood ..
D
AndyB72

Post by AndyB72 »

Sadly not, there's a music festival in town the day before and its my mates 50th so I don't think I'll be in any fit state. Long gone are the days when we'd go out drinking and stumble in from a club at 3am, then get up the next day and nail it down the M1 to a Mini Show.
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Lightweight :lol:
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

mk1 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:34 pm That was my assumption too, but in all my years faffing with Mini's I hadn't ever heard of anyone identifying a bunch of models as LWB.
But on the upside, do visit a Ferrari Owners club event and let them overhear you discussing your 'collection of several SWBs from the early 1960's'!

Previously it was only Landie owners that had that fun (but the baling twine holding their trousers up always spoiled the illusion)

:lol:

Al
goff

Post by goff »

Not me !!! last time i went i think it was 2013 , there was a car up on stands , mirrors and lights underneath and the soft twat was polishing the fuckin tyres :o :o !!!!!, i thought why am here , i will never go to another only mini show , track day yes , classic car yes , but not mini only show , maybe its me being an old sad bastard :lol: :lol: :lol:
surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

goff wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:32 am i will never go to another only mini show , track day yes , classic car yes , but not mini only show , maybe its me being an old sad bastard :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark

Can we have a new section on the forum called Grumpy Old Men were we can all vent our annoyances with the world. I've got loads of stuff I want to share with everyone.

Stuart

PS Goff I'm not having a go 'cos I find polishing tyres, removing wheels and putting disco lights under show cars equally stupid, especially when they have been brought to the event in the back of a truck. They should all be rounded up a chucked in the lake.