Wheeler Dealers need original Minis

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Allen Brzeczek

Re: Wheeler Dealers need original Minis

Post by Allen Brzeczek »

Bentwaters less than an hour away for me but but frankly not bothered, the original concept of the program is long since lost - bring back Ed China i say.
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

swifty wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:55 pm There is countless people who do very well in life piggy backing on other people's talents . That's where there own true talent lies.... That said I hope he doesn't turn up at beaulieu giving out the honours . We've already had the chef there revving up his ferrari ...... ken
Mike Brewer and Edd China at IMM Mini 50th:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wov67cB4OSc

Wheeler Dealers at the IMM 2009 in Birmingham:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-klefDoHrg
steve1071

Post by steve1071 »

swifty wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:55 pm There is countless people who do very well in life piggy backing on other people's talents . That's where there own true talent lies.... That said I hope he doesn't turn up at beaulieu giving out the honours . We've already had the chef there revving up his ferrari ...... ken
I remember that day well and was cringing at all the sycophants, while Paddy sat in the MiniSport tent on his lonesome waiting to sign the odd autograph…….
Pete

Post by Pete »

Oddly I quite like Drew. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes the James Martin thing at Bulee was pretty cringe. I don’t mind him at all either but that was pretty embarrassing all round the way he was fawned over. He came to Chumly one year driving a car and that didn’t happen.
I do get tired of the self promotion brigade though and sometimes wonder how much interest they actually have in this stuff or is it just a vehicle ( no pun intended) to promote themselves over and over and over.
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Pete wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:38 pm Oddly I quite like Drew. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes the James Martin thing at Bulee was pretty cringe. I don’t mind him at all either but that was pretty embarrassing all round the way he was fawned over. He came to Chumly one year driving a car and that didn’t happen.
I do get tired of the self promotion brigade though and sometimes wonder how much interest they actually have in this stuff or is it just a vehicle ( no pun intended) to promote themselves over and over and over.
I think you have a point” vehicle to promote themselves” - Even Ed China has a Mini in his You Tube work shop now…..they are picking on cars with right demographic and following.

Type in “ Annoying Welsh Antique dealer” to Google and see who comes up :lol:
Andrew1967
Location: Usually in my garage on the east coast of Norfolk, UK

Post by Andrew1967 »

Sadly I think this isn’t just confined to classic cars.

A lot of what we see on TV and the media with high profile ‘celebrities etc promoting and campaigning for good causes etc just brings out the cynic in me in that they are really just promoting themselves and their ego.

Not all, but I’m sure there’s a few that do.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Andrew1967 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:59 am Sadly I think this isn’t just confined to classic cars.

A lot of what we see on TV and the media with high profile ‘celebrities etc promoting and campaigning for good causes etc just brings out the cynic in me in that they are really just promoting themselves and their ego.

Not all, but I’m sure there’s a few that do.
Absolutely bang on I’m afraid matey. Amazing how many musicians that perform for Children In Need or Red Nose Day who just happen to have a new album to promote and are just there to flog it, er...like every single one usually. Call us cynical (and we clearly are Andrew! :lol: ) but sadly it’s pretty much the case. Self promotion is behind most of this stuff. Having said that you do have to promote the charity and what you’re doing or nobody will notice! I drove at CarFest with 110 NNM last weekend and there were thousands of people running around collecting lots of money for great causes in virtual anonymity. I joined The Sporting Bears recently and I think they do fantastic work for charity and have loads of fun in the process ( and more importantly no running involved! :D )
Pete

Post by Pete »

Well Mike Cooper has just cleared one thing up on Facebook he doesn’t remember the green S Brewer is claiming was JCs, denies discussing it with him as claimed n the article and as I suspected thinks it’s just one of hundreds and hundreds of cars JC sold from the garage. Not a happy bunny. JC was pictured with it in the 80s outside the garage alongside the silver Metro Cooper but that’s about the only connection to John Cooper. Reminds me of the “ex Brian Epstein” Radford story from a few years ago which Bonhams were peddling or the false ex Tom Sopwith Mini Cooper story , John Lennon’s, Princess Margaret’s, all made up in the pub. Looks like Brewer goes to the same pub!
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Oops!

Sounds like someone has over reached themselves!

Probably some poor researcher's head on the block.
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Pete

Post by Pete »

JC was pictured with it in the 80s and he did sell it as his garage sold many hundreds of others but to claim it was JCs own personal car without checking the facts with Mike at the very least is pretty bold. It’s not like he’s hard to get hold of.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.