Wheeler Dealers need original Minis

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
mab01uk

Wheeler Dealers need original Minis

Post by mab01uk »

From British Mini Club and 1959 Mini Register:-
Wheeler Dealer
"Want to be a part of a popular TV show? As we know the brilliant @wheelerdealers is back in the U.K. with @mikebrewer at the helm, and they need the help of the Mini community on July 28th.
Rachel, from the Wheeler Dealer team contacted us with this request.
“We are going to be shooting a final scene with our freshly finished 1965 original Austin Mini, and I’m looking for around 10 other original Minis to be a part of our shoot.
Ideally they will be available between 9:30am and 1pm on Wednesday 28th July and be fairly local to Bentwaters, Suffolk“
Anyone interested can contact me via email, ideally with a picture of their car, I can then confirm them for the shoot and send out further information: rachel.forrester@betty.co.uk
So if your interested, and we are sure enough of you are, please contact Rachel as soon as you can 👍"
https://en-gb.facebook.com/groups/303024059849229/
mk1
Site Admin

Re: Wheeler Dealers need original Minis

Post by mk1 »

Haven't watched a single episode Wheeler Dealers since they pi55ed off to the States to do cars that I have never heard of & care even less about.
Mark F
General dogsbody.
steve1071

Post by steve1071 »

mk1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:23 am Haven't watched a single episode Wheeler Dealers since they pi55ed off to the States to do cars that I have never heard of & care even less about.
:)

Very rarely watch it and only if there's something European on, just comes across as a vanity project for Brewer
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

just comes across as a vanity project for Brewer

EXACTLY!
Mark F
General dogsbody.
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

Me too...never watched since it went to USA and then Edd China left. Not a great fan of Ant Anstead either but apparently Mike Brewer has come back to UK currently and Ant Anstead has settled down in California with Renée Zellweger (Bridget Jones) to concentrate on new TV projects......having said that Wheeler Dealers is one of Discovery channels most successful series.

"Mike Brewer is returning to UK television screens with a new series of Wheeler Dealers – but this time it’ll be filmed on UK soil and with a new co-host.
Series 17 of the hit TV series will air in Autumn 2021 on the Discovery Channel, and will be filmed in the UK for the first time in six years.
Former F1 mechanic Marc ‘Elvis’ Priestley joins as Brewer’s new co-host, while Ant Anstead departs as a series regular."
https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish ... ost/207324
111Robin

Post by 111Robin »

mab01uk wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:07 am Me too...never watched since it went to USA and then Edd China left. Not a great fan of Ant Anstead either but apparently Mike Brewer has come back to UK currently and Ant Anstead has settled down in California with Renée Zellweger (Bridget Jones) to concentrate on new TV projects......having said that Wheeler Dealers is one of Discovery channels most successful series.

"Mike Brewer is returning to UK television screens with a new series of Wheeler Dealers – but this time it’ll be filmed on UK soil and with a new co-host.
Series 17 of the hit TV series will air in Autumn 2021 on the Discovery Channel, and will be filmed in the UK for the first time in six years.
Former F1 mechanic Marc ‘Elvis’ Priestley joins as Brewer’s new co-host, while Ant Anstead departs as a series regular."
https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish ... ost/207324
I've seen a couple of episodes with the F1 guy already (can't remember much about them), Brewer just his usual annoying "cheeky chappy" act, I presumed it was currently airing. Think it's been flogged to death tbh.
johnv

Post by johnv »

Never the same after Edd left. Like trying to recreate Top Gear.
Mk2 1968 Cooper
Mk1 1965 Cooper project
Mk3 1971 Cooper S
Mk2 1968 Moke
InnoCooperExport

Post by InnoCooperExport »

I seem to recall they've got a workshop with Marc Priestly (a name I remember somehow from his F1 days, I think he was connected to McLaren?) somewhere near Bicester Heritage.

I think the 65 mini they're referring to at the top post is an ex John Cooper 65 S, which I think Mike Brewer unearthed somewhere in the US, which he asked Mike Cooper to verify, who then wanted to buy his dad's car back only for Brewer to buy it instead and restore it. Wonder what the full story is there...
Of course I know what a dipstick is, you get called something often enough you look it up!
surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

InnoCooperExport wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:30 am

I think the 65 mini they're referring to at the top post is an ex John Cooper 65 S, which I think Mike Brewer unearthed somewhere in the US, which he asked Mike Cooper to verify, who then wanted to buy his dad's car back only for Brewer to buy it instead and restore it. Wonder what the full story is there...
That car's a '67 and was for sale at AceSpeed
Martin posted the mag article here

http://mk1-forum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5& ... er#p280812

Marc ‘Elvis’ Priestley worked on the Wheeler Dealers Dream Car series.

If you'd like to be on the next series you can apply here... https://www.wheelerdealersdreamcar.co.uk/ ...I might see if they can find me a 1982 Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2.0 in metallic Blue that doesn't have knackered synchros on 2nd gear.

PS I don't think I've missed an episode, although I don't watch the repeats as much. I don't mind the Yank/JDM stuff, makes a change to see other place than the inside of heritage motor spares when they restore a rust old BMC wreck.

To see how far the show has come just go back and watch series 1, episodes 7 & 8. Oh for the days of a cheap Mini from the pages of Autotrader.
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

I watched the old series 1 Mini episode only recently. What a hoot!

A nice driving project MK1 for £200 !!

Those were the days.
Mark F
General dogsbody.