Nova to V5c Q

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Pedromintor

Re: Nova to V5c Q

Post by Pedromintor »

exempt from the start. thanks
steve1071

Post by steve1071 »

I understand some cars, like S African CKD cars, are harder to register from NOVA certs as it's difficult to determine actual build date.
minimk1man

Post by minimk1man »

Post by Pedromintor » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:44 pm

no proof of insurance needed only need proof of insurance in ireland. just a cheque for £55.first reg fee .thanks
peter
When I have applied with V55/5 to register and tax the vehicle you obviously need insurance. It is a while since I last did one and things may have changed since but then you applied for registration and tax together on the V55/5 form.

Is it the case now that you can just apply for the UK registration without having to tax it ???
Jerryh997

Post by Jerryh997 »

Don’t think it’s as easy as it was especially for a Cooper it maybe straight forward for a standard model, I’m having loads of trouble with an RS2000 I imported back in February even though I had the Nova, original Austrian logbook etc. I’ve waited over 16 weeks sending photos of this and that just for an email that came yesterday saying they aren’t happy with what I’ve supplied and said I’ll need to get an inspection done by a club official for which they gave me the choice of 2 clubs and neither can be bothered to get back to me so I’m fooked at the moment. The car is 100% genuine with all the correct bits so I don’t know what experts are in Swansea advising them😡 I’m seriously thinking of getting legal advice, the DVLA took a month to get back to me to give me this news yesterday and that’s only because I sent an email Friday chasing them up. I’ve got to register my 997 sometime and after this I’m not looking forward to it, as you can imagine it’s very frustrating!
W1NG3D

Post by W1NG3D »

I'm still waiting for the DVLA to process the registration of my NZ imported car after initially sending in my Nova letter along with all the required paperwork a couple of months ago... really hoping they get their act together and sort it soon!
Oneball

Post by Oneball »

After sending my form and NOVA cert off on the 22 July, got the reg today. So about 6 week turn around. As Pedromintor says no need for insurance cert and only the £55 fee for tax exempt cars.
W1NG3D

Post by W1NG3D »

Oneball wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:44 pm
Pedromintor wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:44 pm no proof of insurance needed only need proof of insurance in ireland. just a cheque for £55.first reg fee .thanks
peter
For something the age of a Copper S do you have to pay the standard £280 VED when you apply for the registration or is it exempt from the beginning?
Should just be the 55 pound fee with no other costs, when I brought my '65 over from NZ at the end of last year I just sent off the 55 pound cheque, a V55, a V112 for MOT/Tax exemption declaration and all the required accompanying docs (proof of address/ID, original NZ registration certificate, insurance certificate and I also sent them a heritage certificate for good measure). Took a while because the cheque got damaged the first time round and I had to re-apply but got there in the end!