Famous Mini owners

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
CALIMKIIIS

Re: Famous Mini owners

Post by CALIMKIIIS »

Britt Ekland's Radford mini is the one mentioned on page 2 of this thread, the one Peter Sellers gave her for her birthday. It may have had the Radford hatch back conversion but I can't remember for sure. It had the usual Radford bits, rollup windows with what we call 'wind wings', W&P style wheel arch flares and the unique Radford dashboard treatment. When I saw it it was painted grey with spots of grey primer..
"You're not a true petrolhead if you've never owned a mini" - James May 2012 Top Gear
Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

I think I can safely say that Peter Sellers definitely did give Britt Ekland one for for her birthday
Pete

Post by Pete »

CALIMKIIIS wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:01 pm Britt Ekland's Radford mini is the one mentioned on page 2 of this thread, the one Peter Sellers gave her for her birthday. It may have had the Radford hatch back conversion but I can't remember for sure. It had the usual Radford bits, rollup windows with what we call 'wind wings', W&P style wheel arch flares and the unique Radford dashboard treatment. When I saw it it was painted grey with spots of grey primer..
That was disproved by Britt herself last year on my Facebook page where she categorically denied that story, that Sellers had ever bought her a car and confirmed that the Radford showroom thing was just a publicity stunt.
Rubber Sprung

Post by Rubber Sprung »

Id give Britt Ekland one for her birthday !
brit.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Same joke twice in 3 posts.

Mark F
General dogsbody.
alexdenevers

Post by alexdenevers »

Françoise Hardy

Charlotte Rampling

Lord Snowdon and Princess Margaret
Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

Seeing the names Britt Ekland and a picture of the Eiffel Tower reminds me of another Britt joke.........