Share your photos

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
970s

Re: Share your photos

Post by 970s »

Here is my two Mk1s parked together for a photo shoot!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
W1NG3D

Post by W1NG3D »

Not the most pleasant photo to share, but this is what happened after a BMW driver failed to pay attention earlier today... :(

swifty

Post by swifty »

i can see the insurance company writing that off . You may well have the right to buy the salvage if they do . ... ken
1963 austin Cooper s mk1 1071
1966 Austin Cooper s mk1 1275
1968 Austin Cooper mk2 998
1962 Morris mini super 850
Porsche 997 turbo S
Ford transit van 280s
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

W1NG3D wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:43 pm Not the most pleasant photo to share, but this is what happened after a BMW driver failed to pay attention earlier today... :(
This type of rear end shunt happens so often on Mini forums now, I think it is essential to fit a high level led rear brake light in any classic Mini, modern drivers are just not used to cars only having the low down and quite small brake lights of many classic cars. Quite discreet LED strips can be fitted as below....
LED High Level brake light:-
http://mk1-forum.net/viewtopic.php?p=273042#p273042
goff

Post by goff »

Like this one mab01uk , ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hanlminiman
Location: North Cotswolds, close to Prescott & Shelsley Walsh hill climb venues by Stratford upon Avon UK and

Post by hanlminiman »

I think the main problem is a lack of driver attention nowadays and too many driver aids. As I write this I realise I am sounding like my dear old dad who in the 1960s could not see the need for a heater and always drove with his window open! Oh yes and the need to pass a driving test but not actually realise you never stop learning. Always a new hazard around the corner!
111Robin

Post by 111Robin »

I know nothing about today's cars, however it strikes me as completely irresponsible that manufacturers produce cars with screen based menu systems that are not disabled while the car is moving. I watch Harry's Garage on YouTube and last week he was driving the new BMW M3 and while driving was flicking through the menus changing suspension, gearchange and throttle settings, all while looking at the screen and driving. How do they get away with that?. It's just as bad as reading or sending messages on your phone when driving. No wonder there are accidents like this.
trevorhp

Post by trevorhp »

Mmmm Dum Dum the full 1lb 'Smell you later'
Dum Dum.jpg
"Ambition: the first step on the road to disappointment" Homer. J. Simpson
"Disappointment: the first step on the road to enlightenment" Buddha
"Enlightenment: the first step on the road to ambition" Dalai Lama
KDK 320F
HDK 443E
DJJ 443H
TFD 47G
PKV 375
I un-identified Ex-Race Cooper S Bodyshell originally Red now Blue
Andrew1967
Location: Usually in my garage on the east coast of Norfolk, UK

Post by Andrew1967 »

111Robin wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:01 pm I know nothing about today's cars, however it strikes me as completely irresponsible that manufacturers produce cars with screen based menu systems that are not disabled while the car is moving. I watch Harry's Garage on YouTube and last week he was driving the new BMW M3 and while driving was flicking through the menus changing suspension, gearchange and throttle settings, all while looking at the screen and driving. How do they get away with that?. It's just as bad as reading or sending messages on your phone when driving. No wonder there are accidents like this.
Couldn't agree more Robin.

Driver aids (most of which are needless if you actually pay attention to what you are doing and the surroundings) .. whilst travelling in the Mini I often wonder how I actually get to where I need to get to ... :? :lol:
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

An early one from me.

MK2 1275 S
out_1.jpg
Mark F
General dogsbody.