David Brown launches hot version of Mini Remastered

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
MiNiKiN

Re: David Brown launches hot version of Mini Remastered

Post by MiNiKiN »

I ordered a few for me and my girl friends. I am a celebrity - get me out of here :lol: :lol:
If only I knew the power of the Dark Side...I wouldn't have made contact with an Innocenti :mrgreen:
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Pete wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:43 am Lighten up you lot! Grumpy old sods! :lol:
But they’ve clearly nicked my crimson stripe! :lol:
Is that now known as your Chavy stripe :lol:
rolesyboy

Post by rolesyboy »

YUK! Looks like its been designed by an 8 year old with ambitions to be a car designer.
I'd say stick your £100k in to a G-Wagon or Bentley Convertible if you need to spunk money like that :lol:
Rolesyboy
UHR850

Post by UHR850 »

:roll: What is wrong with you guys, it's still a classic Mini model. Be proud "they" still do things with it. If you like it or not it will keep ouwer classic Mini in the news.

Kees.
DOWNTON Mini is what I like a lot.
Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.
miniminor

Post by miniminor »

Yeah I'll be able to pick one up in about 8 years when it's got rusty sills and needing a rear subframe. 🤔
"Get the wheels in line, Get the wheels in line with it! ..... and then slam your brakes on or we'll be in the cabin ! "

1963 Morris Mini Minor Superdeluxe
2014 Freelander 2 SD4
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

Pete wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:43 am Lighten up you lot! Grumpy old sods! :lol:

I think it’s great that a rich celeb, actor, pop star, whoever, would rather buy one of these instead of the usual German or Italian prestige stuff. They’re hardly gonna build one of these in their own shed are they, Peter Sellers didn’t and I couldn’t see Paul McCartney or Steve McQueen customising their own Minis in the 60s could you? No different today and it’s British built, it’s more orders for Heritage, more orders for Minispares, it’s putting Minis back in the spotlight, its keeping people in jobs, it’s proving the Mini is just as relevant and interesting to some of the jetset today as it was in its heyday. It’s not aimed at us but I just can’t see a negative!

But they’ve clearly nicked my crimson stripe! :lol:
Simon Cowell
(David Brown Mini Remastered)

I totally agree with Pete......David Brown have identified a market and the high quality unique Minis they produce are apparently selling well around the world, they are not designed to appeal to 'grass roots' Mini enthusiasts or originality 'anoraks' who like to see the correct date stamped on the wiper motor. I guess you can specify what options you do or don't want fitted so I am sure potential buyers can specify say a more subtle paint job, interior, etc, if required. For instance on Simon Cowell's Mini I personally would have deleted the 'Turbo' graphics and side stripes inspired by James Bond's Lotus Esprit (For Your Eyes Only) and would also specify non-LED style lights but each to their own.
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Honestly, putting asside that its a Mini, as a design concept, personal view is, it has its issues.

Dont doubt it will sell to their target market (above :lol: ) but I think, its issues, will effect its resale value and desirability...long term.

They do seem to of adopted the “More is More” concept.

Good luck to them, must be difficult thing to make work, especially with “Old Sods” like us offering opinions :lol:
mk1coopers

Post by mk1coopers »

I guess as most of us either have old or fast Mini's (or both combined in one car :lol: ) and a lot of us built them the thought of spending 100k on a slightly warmed up version is alien, there are so many other Mini's with proper histories (Marks Speedwell car and Pete's Racer for example) that you could spend (slightly) less on and have (to us) a far more interesting car.

Personally I'm done with having any more Mini's, it would have to be a monumentaly important and correct car for me to buy another, for 100K there would be something far more modern and supercar shaped sat in my garage (despite all the costs that go with those too :lol: ) with the sort of people that buy the DB Mini's I'm sure they already have those so the Mini is the interesting toy for them
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

Mini Remastered Oselli Edition:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfZAnn3RuEo