Police Minis

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
JonnyC

Re: Police Minis

Post by JonnyC »

Amazing to see OKD 706F, thanks to spoon.450. I owned this car 1976/77. Deffo a Liverpool Police motor. Mine had the calibrated speedo. I did a lot of restoration but kept it original. It looks a bit hacked in the photo of Gary Shaw's. I have some images but I can't figure out how to upload :(
Ronnie
Location: N/E England Where the SAND is GOLDEN and the sea is always COLD!!

Post by Ronnie »

JonnyC wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:20 pm Amazing to see OKD 706F, thanks to spoon.450. I owned this car 1976/77. Deffo a Liverpool Police motor. Mine had the calibrated speedo. I did a lot of restoration but kept it original. It looks a bit hacked in the photo of Gary Shaw's. I have some images but I can't figure out how to upload :(
Try looking here > viewtopic.php?f=33&t=29888

and > viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10177
All posted in thread marked Forum Issues & Questions
spoon.450

Post by spoon.450 »

JonnyC wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:20 pm Amazing to see OKD 706F, thanks to spoon.450. I owned this car 1976/77. Deffo a Liverpool Police motor. Mine had the calibrated speedo. I did a lot of restoration but kept it original. It looks a bit hacked in the photo of Gary Shaw's. I have some images but I can't figure out how to upload :(
Welcome Jonny.....it would be great to see your pics if you can upload :) I'll try to contact Gary ....
JonnyC

Post by JonnyC »

OKD706Fimage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JonnyC

Post by JonnyC »

There you go guys. Wish I'd kept it.
Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

Yep, another...... Like I always say. Much underrated and even rarer than works cars too!
JonnyC

Post by JonnyC »

SPSoc2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JonnyC

Post by JonnyC »

spoon.450 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:49 pm
Welcome Jonny.....it would be great to see your pics if you can upload :) I'll try to contact Gary ....
Would sure be interested to know what happened to it after your 1987 pic. I see it has an entry in DVLA....tax due 1995. I thought I'd read somewhere that it was exported to Belgium.
spoon.450

Post by spoon.450 »

Great pics Jonny.......I'll try and track Gary down.....he lived in Alderly Edge then. I know he had it built into a brand new shell ( unfortunately )......he was a few years older than myself and mates and seemed to have loads o money. I remember it having a Jack Knight SC box.......we nick named him Jack Knight as he kept going on about it :) The photo I posted was on our way to Beulieu as part of the Derbyshire region convoy of the MCR .....great times :D
JonnyC

Post by JonnyC »

To be fair to Gary the shell was past its sell by date when I had it in 76/77. I’d done a fair amount of panel replacement and my welding skills weren’t the best. I reckoned if I could get a good weld every 100mm it would be as good as the factory spot welds. Also, the box was a bit (lot?) worn when I had it so not surprised Gary put in a new one although I wouldn’t have been brave enough to put a Jack Knight in. So it’s hats off to Gary for giving the old girl a new lease of life. If you do manage to contact Gary my great regards to him. Cheers