WTH??!?! Have you seen this item on ebay.

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Old English White

Re: WTH??!?! Have you seen this item on ebay.

Post by Old English White »

Dam 1t wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:10 pm I bought the Cooper s from Rolex Bob, he wasn’t doing the car any favours, it came from Simon epsum (director) of broadspeed engineering, I believe Simon was running it around abit before broadspeed had it up for sale as the earliest known surviving Morris Cooper s(No 6 built) in 1994 for a ridiculous amount of 100k I think it sat in one of their old sheds until Bob bought it from Simon in 2018, heritage certificate, original registration, old tax disc etc all seem to confirm it’s all correct, I’ve got a few more checks but the car seems genuine, 100% original engine, all date stamps on car and glazing are of early 63, although it’s had abit of paint work and a replacement rear valance many years ago, the shell and panels are the original 63 with evidence of the original old English white paintwork underneath. when Bob bought it, it came with a few after market bits ( front seats and wheels etc but came with the original seats that are now fitted) the wheels are not original,
Glad to hear that this car has found a new home at last. Many of us have followed it with interest for a number of years and whatever the true history, it deserves a new owner to care for it, use it and enjoy it. It has clearly been neglected for some time. Don't be too impressed by the Simon Empson "Broadspeed" connection though. That doesn't mean much ;) .

Good luck with it and have fun :)
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Dam 1t wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:10 pm I bought the Cooper s from Rolex Bob, he wasn’t doing the car any favours, it came from Simon epsum (director) of broadspeed engineering, I believe Simon was running it around abit before broadspeed had it up for sale as the earliest known surviving Morris Cooper s(No 6 built) in 1994 for a ridiculous amount of 100k I think it sat in one of their old sheds until Bob bought it from Simon in 2018, heritage certificate, original registration, old tax disc etc all seem to confirm it’s all correct, I’ve got a few more checks but the car seems genuine, 100% original engine, all date stamps on car and glazing are of early 63, although it’s had abit of paint work and a replacement rear valance many years ago, the shell and panels are the original 63 with evidence of the original old English white paintwork underneath. when Bob bought it, it came with a few after market bits ( front seats and wheels etc but came with the original seats that are now fitted) the wheels are not original,
Well Dam1t. I for one am very pleased that this car has found a new home. For what it's worth, I reckon it is an interesting car that wasn't helped by the BS that Rolex Bob was spouting. Whichever way you look at it. You have bought yourself a great Mini with an interesting story.

I hope to hear more in the future.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.

M
Mark F
General dogsbody.
UHR850

Post by UHR850 »

Very welcome and please send some pictures.

Kees
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DOWNTON Mini is what I like a lot.
Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.
miniminor

Post by miniminor »

Brilliant, start a thread on it and let's see what you plan to do with it.
"Get the wheels in line, Get the wheels in line with it! ..... and then slam your brakes on or we'll be in the cabin ! "

1963 Morris Mini Minor Superdeluxe
2014 Freelander 2 SD4
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

Austin Mini Van - 1964
body shell change about 20 years ago
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224645146249 ... SwrYVhZelm
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

mab01uk wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:51 am Austin Mini Van - 1964
body shell change about 20 years ago
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224645146249 ... SwrYVhZelm
Hum, of course! No way it just had a B reg plate screwed onto it.
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Stopped-again

Post by Stopped-again »

I agree with Mark, why do people openly do these “log book rebuilds” then leave all the more modern interior bits in, hexagonal pedals, column mounted ignition and switches etc. It’s not just us anoraks on here that can spot a badly done “re-shell” and while I’m Mr angry why do a lot of these so called rebuilds not even make any attempt to clean or smarten up the engine area, just ‘cos the bonnet shuts doesn’t mean that what’s underneath doesn’t matter. Anyway, rant over, Nurse I’m ready for my medication now.
rpb203

Post by rpb203 »

Would be interested to know what's happened to the top of the driver's door opening, just below the gutter?
Something doesn't look quite right there?
Southwest

Post by Southwest »

The whole van looks like its been re painted over dirt and filler. And strange welding and patches on rear load floor behind seats.
surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

Better off starting with one that has not been touched. Says it is a star of TV and Film, well that explains the surface only restoration.. I expect there is more filler on that than an aging reality TV star, just look at the wrinkly gutters on the rear.