GB becomes UK

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
MiNiKiN

Re: GB becomes UK

Post by MiNiKiN »

Is this change a sign, that Britain is not great any more :lol: ;)
Wonder how long it is yet carrying on to be united .... :?
If only I knew the power of the Dark Side...I wouldn't have made contact with an Innocenti :mrgreen:
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

MiNiKiN wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:15 am
almondgreen wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:21 pm I think many people here in Germany do not know, what UK stands for. They think it is for Urkaine
I am Austrian and happen to have a UK driving licence. Funny fact is that I have been questioned twice already by police here in Austria why on earth I have a Ukranian driving licence :lol: :lol:
Probably the shape of things to come.

Soon our economies will be on a par :D

But we will be free & independent, so everything will be wonderful! :roll:
Mark F
General dogsbody.
MiNiKiN

Post by MiNiKiN »

mk1 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:26 am
almondgreen wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:21 pm I think many people here in Germany do not know, what UK stands for. They think it is for Urkaine
I am Austrian and happen to have a UK driving licence. Funny fact is that I have been questioned twice already by police here in Austria why on earth I have a Ukranian driving licence :lol: :lol:

all hunky dory as long as you don't get invaded by Wladimir too :roll: :roll:
If only I knew the power of the Dark Side...I wouldn't have made contact with an Innocenti :mrgreen:
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Did the press catch you outside the houses of Parliament ? :lol:
brexit nutters.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

MiNiKiN wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:32 am
mk1 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:26 am

all hunky dory as long as you don't get invaded by Wladimir too :roll: :roll:
If Vladimir invades UK/GB his convoy of tanks will probably be passing through Austria on the way.... :shock:

Tank v Mr Bean's Mini :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU_9eFobOVw

Mr Bean finds out that his Mini has been demolished by a tank....
hanlminiman
Location: North Cotswolds, close to Prescott & Shelsley Walsh hill climb venues by Stratford upon Avon UK and

Post by hanlminiman »

Cling, stick & magnetic versions available from Halfords! I bought a magnetic version - now for sale! It does not attach to my car!
I must admit that as an "elderly person" from the 1960s I thought that in Europe and ITALY(!) they drove on the other side so the "country plate" should be fitted on the nearside of a UK(GB) vehicle? Just suggesting. The other anomerly was "give way to the right" (in France?) Nearly caught me out on rural French roads in the 1970s/1980s.
hanlminiman
Location: North Cotswolds, close to Prescott & Shelsley Walsh hill climb venues by Stratford upon Avon UK and

Post by hanlminiman »

My Dad met a German tank on a rural road in Normandy in 1944 but it had been taken out!
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

hanlminiman wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:45 pm The other anomerly was "give way to the right" (in France?) Nearly caught me out on rural French roads in the 1970s/1980s.
Also back then in France traffic coming onto a roundabout had priority, the opposite to the UK and practically every other country in Europe! I nearly wrote off a brand new Metro in 1980 when on holiday in France, I forgot the rule and a tractor came straight onto a roundabout as I screeched to a stop just in time (no abs brakes)....they eventually changed probably because they were in a minority and the high rate of accidents with foreign drivers.
Nevsmini

Post by Nevsmini »

Will it still be the UK when Scotland leaves or will there have to be a new name to change to?
surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

Scotland did not leave in 2014, what's changed now. A lot of Scots think Ms Crankie is as corrupt as a nine bob note. If Scotland leave then Labour will never get a look in again. Cameron, May and Johnson only got in because Labour lost all their Scottish seats.