I remember many Fuel & Transport Related "GB" cockups ( in no date specific order ) that all have Political underpinning but NOT party specific.. so delete if not applicable.
1. Ted Heath 3 Day Working week / Power Cuts.
2. Fuel Tokens for private cars were issued (perhaps they should be again )
3. Gas is a cheap clean fuel..we have our own stocks in the North Seat that will outlast the needs of GB.
4. Under Channel Cable installed to get French Electricity if & when we ran out of our own Power
5. Get a Diesel Car Its cheaper to run clean & better for all ..
6. Electric Cars & no place to re- charge them.. (growth Business will be in Car Recovery Trucks) .
7.Road Tax Price Policy ( except the 40 year rule as the one exception
8 Rail . who won that .. not the customer.
to be a Politician you need to be a Liar .. example our local MP stated HS2 was Wrong Policy to proceed .. HS2 would bring no good to our local area & was not affordable .. then she voted for HS2 to tow the party line .
Sorry just some of the Winges of this Tax Payer & Old Git .. please note i have not mentioned the B Word or Political Correctness
Unrelated ..Called in to see how much a New Car would be .. first thing the Salesman said If you want to Order a New Car it is a 6 Month Wait because of no chips.. so as planned the existing Daily will see me out