Fuel panic buying....and more.

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
mab01uk

Re: Fuel panic buying....

Post by mab01uk »

Nevsmini wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:02 pm If you support Brexit or not I think across the board the consensus is BJ is completely useless and lies about lies!
However Starmer and Angela Rayner are even more useless..... :lol:

Interesting to see the Pandora Papers....Tony Blair dodged paying £312,000 stamp duty in a property deal even though he already had millions in the bank, then recently we had Cameron wanting to invest taxpayers' money in his Greensill loans, sadly none of our recent leaders can be trusted. :(

Blairs saved £312,000 stamp duty in property deal:-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58780559
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Well said Nev!

Boris's latest foot in mouth is over the 100's of thousands of pigs that can't go to slaughter. Apparently he thought it was a good subject for one of his hilarious ancient Greek based puns.

WHAT A TOTAL BELL END!
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Nevsmini

Post by Nevsmini »

mk1 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:20 am Well said Nev!

Boris's latest foot in mouth is over the 100's of thousands of pigs that can't go to slaughter. Apparently he thought it was a good subject for one of his hilarious ancient Greek based puns.

WHAT A TOTAL BELL END!
Yep and these pig farmers will go out of business as a result. It’s going to happen to the British Turkeys as well, they will have to be destroyed as they don’t have the work force, but never mind the EU will save Xmas as the Turkeys are going to be imported. This will be the first year in decades that the UK had to import turkeys for Xmas. I bet he will have some stupid joke for that as well!
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

"BELL END BORIS" .......has a certain ring to it :lol:

EDIT :Who knew it is actually a thing :shock:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/8096416 ... ting_top-1

bell end boris.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Exminiman on Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

Looks like those EU workers have found some better working conditions closer to home and will not be exploited anymore.
Maybe British farmers will pay the going rates for labour, or stand up to the supermarkets, who knows.
As as long as the rich countries in the EU can keep paying EU farmers their substantial subsidies, then Britain will not be able to compete with the cheap, usually frozen and water injected meat and cold store stored fruit and veg. Have you had any of those strawberries and tomatoes that you can get in November and December, tasteless crap.
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

I only started this thread to be about Petrol queues and panic buying but it seems to have become a political thread which was not the original intention....however Boris's speech yesterday was a lot more memorable, optimistic, entertaining and uplifting than Keir Starmer's long winded ramble delivered like a robot while being loudly heckled by angry Corbynites from what is left of the Labour party. There is no credible opposition at present to keep Boris and his party on their toes and it does not look like that will change in the near future...
Last edited by mab01uk on Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

As soon as a topic on fuel shortages was started it was absolutely INEVITABLE that it would "become political".

That is why I re started this section. If people don't want to read semi incoherent ramblings about current affairs they can avoid the section entirely, it's not difficult to do. I usually avoid it myself, but just every now & again I like to have a rant about something that has irked me, so this is the place to do it.

I would like to think that most people on here are adult enough to appreciate that while we all have our personal opinions about everything, a bit of HEALTHY debate never does anyone any harm. For the biggest part, I reckon debates like this are pretty healthy. Occasionally I read a comment on here that really takes my breath away, but so be it, we can't all agree on everything. At least no one on here has resorted to the tyranny of the "You are in the minority, get over it" type comments that plague some other public fora.

For what it's worth, I hope that Boris & his cronies do manage to bring about the high wage, high skill economy that they have been talking about so enthusiastically over the last week or two. Personally, I reckon it is just an excuse for their latest series of fuck ups, but if I am wrong & in a few years time wages are up appreciably without any inflation then I'll be the first one to shout "Hurrah for Boris & his economic miracle" I'm not buying the bunting yet though.

I think something that has been lost over recent years is that we must remember that we all have more in common than that which divides us & a bit of healthy debate has never hurt anyone.
Mark F
General dogsbody.
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

Thanks Mark for clarifying what this section of the forum allows. I have no problem for this thread to "become political" as long as the forum rules allow it and I agree a bit of HEALTHY debate never does anyone any harm and often raises points and issues that you had not considered or not encountered in your own life experiences.
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Personally not a fan of any of them at the moment, what ever their persuasion.

Tend to view them all in a a "Have I got news for you" type of way.

One thing does seem clear from his speech though, Boris is concentrating on courting the "Red Wall" voters rather than Business, commerce or Farming......
Polarsilver

Post by Polarsilver »

I remember many Fuel & Transport Related "GB" cockups ( in no date specific order ) that all have Political underpinning but NOT party specific.. so delete if not applicable.
1. Ted Heath 3 Day Working week / Power Cuts.
2. Fuel Tokens for private cars were issued (perhaps they should be again )
3. Gas is a cheap clean fuel..we have our own stocks in the North Seat that will outlast the needs of GB.
4. Under Channel Cable installed to get French Electricity if & when we ran out of our own Power
5. Get a Diesel Car Its cheaper to run clean & better for all ..
6. Electric Cars & no place to re- charge them.. (growth Business will be in Car Recovery Trucks) .
7.Road Tax Price Policy ( except the 40 year rule as the one exception ;) )
8 Rail . who won that .. not the customer.
to be a Politician you need to be a Liar .. example our local MP stated HS2 was Wrong Policy to proceed .. HS2 would bring no good to our local area & was not affordable .. then she voted for HS2 to tow the party line .

Sorry just some of the Winges of this Tax Payer & Old Git .. please note i have not mentioned the B Word or Political Correctness :?
Unrelated ..Called in to see how much a New Car would be .. first thing the Salesman said If you want to Order a New Car it is a 6 Month Wait because of no chips.. so as planned the existing Daily will see me out :D