Yesterday - Film BBC1 8.15pm

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
mab01uk

Yesterday - Film BBC1 8.15pm

Post by mab01uk »

Saw this at the cinema, quite an entertaining film and no ads on BBC1 8.15 tonight and then iPlayer.
“Following a road accident, struggling singer-songwriter Jack Malik wakes up in an alternative reality where no-one seems to have ever heard of The Beatles. As he plays their songs and almost unwittingly starts to take credit for them, his career suddenly takes off.”
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000xp0n
JohnA
Location: Up north where men are men and sheep are frightened

Re: Yesterday - Film BBC1 8.15pm

Post by JohnA »

Just turned it off
Thought it may have been an alternative to watching the contents of adverts on itv 😡
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

JohnA wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:33 pm Just turned it off
Thought it may have been an alternative to watching the contents of adverts on itv 😡
Sometimes it is good to just watch a light hearted film, Yesterday is of course not a film to be taken too seriously and not for everyone but if you prefer to watch the contents of itv adverts then I hope you enjoyed them instead.....

Paul McCartney secretly snuck into a cinema to watch ‘Yesterday’ and “loved it” :lol:
https://www.nme.com/news/music/paul-mcc ... it-2574597
Last edited by mab01uk on Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
GraemeC

Post by GraemeC »

I happened across it and watched it. Like you said - light hearted, baseline entertainment for a Sunday evening and a break from footbal, tennis.....
It wasn't too bad, but certainly not a 'must watch'.
JohnA
Location: Up north where men are men and sheep are frightened

Post by JohnA »

It’s the adverts I am that sick of
A lot of people are getting very angry
Pete

Post by Pete »

The trouble is the constant adverts can turn and hour and a half long film into a two hours plus saga. :lol:
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

I record everything with ads on a DVR/Virgin/Sky box/etc and fast forward through all the ad breaks.....OR if watching live tv I wait for 15 minutes or so before watching say an hour long programme from the start, which again means you can f/f through the ad breaks and still finish the programme on time having caught up by the end. If you don't watch/record any live TV as it's broadcast (or BBC iPlayer) and only use the 'Catch up' tv services or Netflix, etc you don't even need a tv licence.
InnoCooperExport

Post by InnoCooperExport »

It was something to watch on a Sunday night. Very light-hearted indeed and few nods for Beatles geeks like Something being played on Ukeleles (written George who by all accounts was a Ukelele obsessive). I could appreciate the main actor (Himesh Patel) played and sung all the songs himself. Will I ever bother watching it again? no, probably not.
Of course I know what a dipstick is, you get called something often enough you look it up!