Hydrogen buses launched in London

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
mab01uk

Hydrogen buses launched in London

Post by mab01uk »

"The 20 buses will join over 500 electric buses in the core fleet which are already emission-free, aiming to improve the city’s air quality by reducing pollution and forming part of the UK’s wider net zero ambitions.
Manufactured by Wrightbus in Northern Ireland, with gas cylinders manufactured by Nottingham-based Luxfer, the hydrogen fuel cell powered buses will offer ‘smoother, quieter’ journeys for passengers in addition to being entirely free from harmful emissions, the only by-product being water from the chemical reaction of hydrogen with oxygen from the air."
https://www.theengineer.co.uk/hydrogen- ... in-london/
surfblue63

Re: Hydrogen buses launched in London

Post by surfblue63 »

And where does the hydrogen come from? Like electricity it is not as clean as the politicians, greens, manufacturers would have you believe. Most hydrogen is produced by processing fossil fuels. When you take the hydrogen out you get left with lots of splendid CO and CO2. All they are doing is moving the pollution out of the cities and onto the areas where the stuff is produced, it's not going to stop global warming.

The only way you will to stop global warming is stop consuming stuff that does not help with the longevity of the human population.

The only way to be carbon neutral is to do nothing, even breathing produces 500 litres of CO2 a day. Multiply that by 7.8 billion and the figure is staggering!
kit of bits

Re: Hydrogen buses launched in London

Post by kit of bits »

I believe lord B of JCB is backing this…I may be wrong but there into this in a big way..
D