New Off Topic Section

A section dedicated to non Mini related conversations that some members may find disturbing, worrying or offensive. If you are likely to be troubled by non Classic car related content, I would suggest you avoid!
mk1
Site Admin

New Off Topic Section

Post by mk1 »

Following a number of threads recently that have strayed well away from our normal territory & in an attempt to keep subjects like this off the main forum, while at the same time allowing people to air their opinions.

I have re introduced the "Off Topic / Weird & Wonderful" section.

This is an experiment to see how things go, it is covered by all the usual norms like respect for other members & their views. So PLEASE don't abuse it.

This is a trial, so lets see what happens.

Mark F
Mark F
General dogsbody.
nick@dunsdale

Re: New Off Topic Section

Post by nick@dunsdale »

Just a thought if this section works out will it get on the board index as a section ?

it took me a minute or two to spot it as a Sub Forum, if the orignal thread saying this section is availble gets pushed of the front page on the general board visitors may not spot this sub forum section
The best repairs go un-noticed
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Fair Point. I can make it a normal forum section if it's considered worthwhile.

TBH, I don't want it too prominent though.
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

Can I suggest a large banner that says "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"? and advise users that there are MANY other public forums where politics, religion (and boobies) are more suited, so keep it civil and family friendly here.....

Al
Spider

Post by Spider »

mk1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:29 am I have re introduced the "Off Topic / Weird & Wonderful" section.
Mark F
I like re-runs. Maybe this time around it'll have a better take up.