Innocenti Spyder

The Home of any non Mini projects & discussion.
spraybeateer

Innocenti Spyder

Post by spraybeateer »

Interesting new project starting soon!

not mine but looking forward to getting started, any thoughts and info would be
welcome.
InnoCooperExport

Re: Innocenti Spyder

Post by InnoCooperExport »

Well now, that is a little special. Under the skin it's mostly just a Spridget, but with the Innocenti oddness and IMHO quite a nice Tom Tjaarda designed body on top. The Fixed Head Coupe like this one is much rarer I think than the convertible. I don't think they are covered in any of the Innocenti parts books I have but I will have a look regardless, if they do I will try to get copies of the relevant pages to you.

I can't remember if they are 948 or 1098, but eitherway I think engine internals are standard A-series, on the Minis they used their own conrod which was a tad lighter and stronger (IIRC similar but not quite the same as standard 1300GT, but I would have to check my copy of Vizard to be sure)

Dials and dashboard guages are probably Veglia or Jaeger, each will have their own sender unit which sadly aren't interchangable with either each other or their Smiths counterpart.

Seats are most likely to be different as well from the UK cars, if my Mini seats are any indication they will be much heavier and stronger than the UK ones.

Lights and indicators etc will be Carello and very difficult to find. I think I saw a set of the rears on eBay or the Dutch equivalent of Gumtree not so long ago, if I come across it again I will post it here. It could be worthwhile getting in touch with someone like Foster Charlton who is the Inno registrar for the MCR, he might have learned a few things about these over the years as well, but I can't say for sure.

Good luck!
Of course I know what a dipstick is, you get called something often enough you look it up!
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

What a cracking thing!

More proof how good Inno were at the improving BMC cars game.
surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

An excellent choice sir. This is the Innocenti C, built from 1967 to 1969.

There is plenty of info including user manuals and parts books here. Google translate is your friend

https://www.registroinnocenti.org/manuali-e-cataloghi/

Owners Manual

https://www.registroinnocenti.org/manua ... enzione-c/

Main page for web site

https://www.registroinnocenti.org/
InnoCooperExport

Post by InnoCooperExport »

I found this page as well http://www.innocentispider.co.uk/coupe/

they say that although similar to the spider, nearly every panel on the coupe is different!
Of course I know what a dipstick is, you get called something often enough you look it up!
AndyB72

Post by AndyB72 »

I recognise that shed ;)

These are fantastic looking cars, super cool styling. Lights and other unique parts can be expensive and very hard to find, looks very complete though. Looking forward to following the progress of this one.
spraybeateer

Post by spraybeateer »

Thanks for the interest and the information! I will pass it on to the owner.
With his permission I will update the progress.

The Count :lol: :roll:
spraybeateer

Post by spraybeateer »

AndyB72 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:46 am I recognise that shed ;) :oops: We move in the same circles.

These are fantastic looking cars, super cool styling. Lights and other unique parts can be expensive and very hard to find, looks very complete though. Looking forward to following the progress of this one.
OzOAP

Post by OzOAP »

Lovely thing.
There was a Coupe and Spyder at Gaydon BL show this year. They look very similar until parked next to each other.
MiNiKiN

Post by MiNiKiN »

Both the Inncenti Spyder and the Coupe are very sexy cars, indeed. And still reasonably priced (in Italy)
If only I knew the power of the Dark Side...I wouldn't have made contact with an Innocenti :mrgreen: