Concepts and prototypes : Vanden Plas Princess 2200 (1975)

The Home of any non Mini projects & discussion.
mab01uk

Concepts and prototypes : Vanden Plas Princess 2200 (1975)

Post by mab01uk »

"What we have here, in essence, is a flagship car designed as range-topper for the new Austin-Morris 18-22 Series (ADO71) of cars. Designed to sit above the Austin, Morris and Wolseley versions of the handsome Harris Mann-penned ‘Wedge’ range, it would be sold as the big sister to the Allegro-shaped Vanden Plas 1500, launched in 1974."
https://www.aronline.co.uk/concepts-and ... cess-2200/
Peter Laidler

Re: Concepts and prototypes : Vanden Plas Princess 2200 (1975)

Post by Peter Laidler »

Good thread....... which lead me onto the Triumph Dolomite and Sprint thread. Wifey had a Sprint as a hand-me-down well looked after company car. Went like hot-snot! When she left the company she was almost reduced to tears at having to give her Sprint back. At her farewell dinner and drinks, the MD of the accountants gave her a small present (I think that it was a wrapped up expensive Radley handbag). Inside were the keys to her beloved Sprint.

How kind and generous is that..................
AndyPen

Post by AndyPen »

Peter Laidler wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:12 am Good thread....... which lead me onto the Triumph Dolomite and Sprint thread. Wifey had a Sprint as a hand-me-down well looked after company car. Went like hot-snot! When she left the company she was almost reduced to tears at having to give her Sprint back. At her farewell dinner and drinks, the MD of the accountants gave her a small present (I think that it was a wrapped up expensive Radley handbag). Inside were the keys to her beloved Sprint.

How kind and generous is that..................
How brilliant is that, doubt if it would happen these days. I loved my Triumph 1500, but when I got a Sprint I knew I had moved on. I then took it up to group 1 spec with a little help of some ST parts. Simply balancing the engine made a huge difference in itself - it was pretty poor on that score.
Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

And living in Abingdon, where ST were building and using them, hardly used mechanical spares, thanks to my old pal Stuart Jackson, were plentiful. As was interior trim!