Authi : The full story of British cars from Spain

The Home of any non Mini projects & discussion.
mab01uk

Authi : The full story of British cars from Spain

Post by mab01uk »

"On 30 September 1968 the first Mini, the 1275-C, was introduced at a media event at the Jarama racing circuit, going into production the following month. It came with a high level of equipment, such as a dash-mounted rev-counter and bumper-mounted driving lights – both firsts on a factory-produced Mini. The plush interior was nicely finished in leather, with a wood-rimmed steering wheel and a wood dash panel. However, despite the suggestive ‘C’ name it was not as quick as a UK Cooper S, thanks to its single carb 59bhp engine.
The 1275-C was launched alongside the uprated Morris and MG 1300s, both using the same engine. Anticipated production volumes at Pamplona were ramped up to 40,000 – a 10% share of the market.
By now, the Mini was considered a locally-produced car, with just the bodyshell being imported from the UK. The engine and the gearbox were manufactured at NMQ’s own plant at Los Corrales de Buelna, while other important components, such as suspension, windows and smaller components were all produced locally in order to comply with the government’s protectionist trade policies."
Full Story:-
https://www.aronline.co.uk/marques/authi/
LuisM

Re: Authi : The full story of British cars from Spain

Post by LuisM »

Nice Article ,
I now understand why my first mini ( a 1974 mk3 ) has been Spanish built , while sold new in Portugal .
I was not aware Authi/BLMC Spain were producing cars for export .
UHR850

Post by UHR850 »

About Authi Spanish built Mini's, did you know in the 70th there was an agent for John Cooper in Spain called MOVI who build his own conversions called MOVI Cooper. Even scalextric made a model from it back then and later on a set with an anniversary book about the Spanish Mini's.
This book was in English and Spanish on the same page, I have this set in my collection.

Cheers Kees
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DOWNTON Mini is what I like a lot.
Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.
UHR850

Post by UHR850 »

LuisM wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:13 pm Nice Article ,
I now understand why my first mini ( a 1974 mk3 ) has been Spanish built , while sold new in Portugal .
I was not aware Authi/BLMC Spain were producing cars for export .
They also sold Mini's in the Netherlands, in 1975 there was a Ltd.Ed. of 500 to celabrate 12 1/2 years of
British Leyland in the Netherlands. This one was called Mini 1000 Jubilee, I had one they where very luxury.

Kees.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DOWNTON Mini is what I like a lot.
Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.