Ford Prefect 4dr 107E Police Car

The Home of any non Mini projects & discussion.
mab01uk

Ford Prefect 4dr 107E Police Car

Post by mab01uk »

Ford Prefect 107E ( Certified as genuine by PVEC and is the only surviving car of its type left in the UK ).
"Finished in the original colour of solid Black with a contrasting Red interior,Original PYE 2 way Radio. There are some nice added features with the car, police signs, Blue lights and Hats probably not original for the period but look very effective. A very nice example with some nice ageing patina.The car is featured in the July edition Classic Ford magazine."
£14,950:-
https://www.dcc.co.uk/used-cars/ford-pr ... 5202855506
surfblue63

Re: Ford Prefect 4dr 107E Police Car

Post by surfblue63 »

I went and had a look at one of those when I was 16 as a first car. Turned out it had no brakes, so was left for someone with more mechanical knowledge.
:?:
Old English White

Post by Old English White »

Probably about double its value I'd have thought? I'm not sure that having been a Police car adds anything to it really and that roof box and the blue light are certainly not original to it or of the period :?
Those little Fords probably have some nostalgic charm but are a very basic little car. We used to hire them to go on holiday in when I was a lad and they were brand new. I always remember the vacuum wipers going slower and slower on them :lol:
Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

You're right OEW. I think being an ex cop car decreases a cars value (unless it was a Lotus Cortina .....) knowing that it's been thrashed mercilessly since day one of its life! Even though ex cop cars are rarer that ex works cars too!
Costafortune

Post by Costafortune »

100E's and offshoots have never been desirable, and a four door is at the bottom of that pile. They're not a bad thing but £4000 is enough for a tidy one.