Matra Murena

The Home of any non Mini projects & discussion.
jakethepeg

Matra Murena

Post by jakethepeg »

I was working in a friends yard in the midlands, quietly building a motorhome, when i noticed a strange car rotting away parked under some trees. I kept ignoring it, but after a couple of weeks , eventually its siren song lured me over for a closer look. It was awful, but I googled it, and it seemed to be a quirky french car, and I like quirky french cars. Further investigation led me to its owner , a very nice lady who had to time for it. It even turned out to have a valid MOT. "By the way " she said "I have another for spares" Which was nice. Both were non runners, but 1500 quid later and a long weekend of buckets of petrol and battery packs, both were running. One was quite corroded, even with the fibre glass outer panels, but the other drove really well, fantastic handling and brakes
GEDC0245.JPG
GEDC0236.JPG
GEDC0070.JPG
GEDC0069.JPG
GEDC0068.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current vehicles
Morris Mini 850 1962
1973 Citroen DS 23 Pallas
1971 Renault 4L
Moncayo motorhome
66 Mini pick up sold
1969 Moke sold
1960 Wolseley 6/99 sold
Ford Duetto Camper sold
Peugeot Boxer motorhome sold
jakethepeg

Re: Matra Murena

Post by jakethepeg »

Basically , I recommissioned them both, sorting out master cylinders and fuel pumps etc. The engine s were the old clattery Simca but stilled pulled well, the later ones had the 2.2l from the Chrysler 180 range (any one remember them :) and with a lot of elbow grease and effort they turned out well. Really liked the unusual 3 seats across! I had to return to SA so decided to sell them on, even had buyers wanting them from Greece!
GEDC0273.JPG
GEDC0268.JPG
GEDC0265.JPG
GEDC0259.JPG
GEDC0256.JPG
So another couple of cars saved from the wreckers yard :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current vehicles
Morris Mini 850 1962
1973 Citroen DS 23 Pallas
1971 Renault 4L
Moncayo motorhome
66 Mini pick up sold
1969 Moke sold
1960 Wolseley 6/99 sold
Ford Duetto Camper sold
Peugeot Boxer motorhome sold