Adam's Austin 7 Fetish

The Home of any non Mini projects & discussion.
roger mcnab

Re: Adam's Austin 7 Fetish

Post by roger mcnab »

hi
what sort of engine do you run in that car and which car is adam driving the front or the rear one
cheers roger mcnab :D
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Adam is VE5673, it runs a tuned Austin 7 engine. 750cc, putting out about 55bhp.
Mark F
General dogsbody.
roger mcnab

Post by roger mcnab »

hi afriend who lives nearby who is doing up a clubman his son recently bought a austin 7 car in very good condition from an older man who lived in dorrigo nsw been well looked after and was driven to cape york at the top of queensland which has a terrible road
cheers roger mcnab
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

In the winter Adam I I were messing around in the snow, he was in a A7 Box saloon, the most ungainly looking thing you have ever seen, I was in my 4wd WW2 Jeep. The Seven ran rings round the jeep in a field covered in deep snow. I was staggered!
Mark F
General dogsbody.
roger mcnab

Post by roger mcnab »

hi
yes i can understand that as the 7 looks like it could not get out of its own way or be driven out of sight on a dark night with the lights off :lol: :lol:
but as i said 1 was driven to cape york when the track was 2 wheel marks through the bush and no ferries to cross the rivers with the usual crocodiles :twisted: the trip was done in the thirties the dorrigo one went in the last 20 years
cheers roger mcnab