mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

For Sale Section Rules

PLEASE NOTE! Postings in this section are deleted automatically after they have not been looked at for 30 days.

1) This section is for advertising items that you have for sale. Not for the discussion of listed items. If you wish to debate the pro's & Con's of any item listed, please start a new topic in the appropriate section.

2) If you have items for sale on ebay, please post them in the appropriate section. This section is NOT for the advertisement of your ebay auctions.

3) If you have a number of items to sell, post them in a single ad marked "Multiple Parts" or similar. DO NOT post many individual advertisements as this forces everyone else's listings down the page.

4) It is expected that any items advertised on the forum are described fairly & honestly. It is the duty of the seller to ensure that this is the case.

5) Items listed for sale should WHEREVER POSSIBLE* be offered with a purchase price, not asking for bids from members. If you wish to auction your item to the highest bidder I would suggest you use ebay & pay the associated fees.

6) This section is offered as a free service to enthusiasts. Any deals made are between the buyer & seller only. The MK1 forum takes no part in any transaction & the appearance of any item in this section is not a recommendation. I strongly suggest that both buyers & sellers are happy to proceed with a deal before any money or goods change hands.

7) It expected that members contribute something to the forum before posting for sale advertisements. Any Adverts placed by members with a post count lower than 5 will be deleted.

8) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

9) If a moderator considers any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of these simple requests the MK1 Forum reserves the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

10) The posting of items for sale on the MK1 forum constitutes explicit acceptance of these simple rules.

It would be much appreciated if sellers could leave the sale price on adverts after the item has been sold. This acts as a good measure of current value for other sellers.

* In some cases it may not be possible for the seller to list items with a sale price. In this case, listings will be reviewed on a case by case basis by a moderator. The moderators decision will be final.

Mark S Forster
(MK1 Performance Conversions)
Rev 2.9 (15.01.19)

Post subject: DPU 898B For Sale
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:00 am 

With a very heavy heart I am offering my Tweed Grey Downton DPU 898B for sale after its appearance at Goodwood revival this year. This is a well known car which has had much improvement over the six years of my ownership and is not being sold lightly. The reason for sale will be made apparent soon. Engine spec is Downton / ST block 998 bored +40 with 1098 crank, flat top pistons, lightened flywheel and CCK historic 206 head. Depending on wallets the car can be offered in current trim - original tartan Brocade interior, Dulles style dash, Les Leston wheel, restall type 1, Lucas 608 mirror, minilite wheels. £19,000. Benelite, 120 Speedo and H4 carbs will not be sold with the car. Without Brocade interior £16,500. This is a fantastic car which is an older restoration but is a superb original shell recently improved with correct sills and front panel. Any questions please ask. Thanks Tim

Last edited by coopertim on Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: DPU 898B For Sale
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:16 pm 

As I said on Facebook, Tim, unless it's to feed the world's poor, I'm staggered that you are selling DPU - the replacement must be very special (I have my guess / entry for the sweepstake in my head..... :lol: )

Look forward to seeing DPU (and yourself) at Revival and hearing about the replacement

Best of luck with the sale - I'm sure it will find a new home pretty quick (and you can instantly regret selling it! )

Al

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:42 pm 

Sounds like your 'alternative' has come off, Tim.

Good luck with the sale, the purchaser will not be disappointed.

;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:18 pm 

Really tough decision to part with DPU as the car was always going to be a keeper. The new project has come along and is literally the chance of a lifetime in terms of what I want from a mini. There will be a new thread started for it once my car finds a new owner.

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:20 am 

Shame to sell Tim but I'm happy for you finding your dream project.

Good luck with selling DPU.

Was trying to fathom out a way of selling JTO and funding the rest but having just spent a small fortune building the mk3 its poor timing, again!

See you in a few weeks at Goodwood.

Graham

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:39 am 

Edited the ad with new prices.

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:06 am 

Good luck with your sale Tim, it’s a cracker... as you know, if we had room Mrs R would be reaching for the cheque book :)

Kevin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:50 pm 

Serious offers considered on the car either with Cooper Brocade interior or with Super Deluxe trim. Car needs to go to make space for the new project.

Thanks Tim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:02 am 

Car is now priced at £15,500 with original Cumulus Grey SDL trim and Minilites fitted.

Any questions please ask.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

Someone is going to get a bargain!