mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 9:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

Rev 1.1 (27.07.15)

Post subject: Mamba wheel centers
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:32 pm 

Looking for 3...will take 4 Mamba wheel centers (Inserts) Added a picture...Can only find one of the centers....need three for sure.
Are these available as repros?….would prefer originals if someone has a few for sale.
Thanks D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Mamba wheel centers
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:07 pm 

Anyone know if there are decals that would work...could always turn up some centers if push comes to shove.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:03 pm 

360gts wrote:
Anyone know if there are decals that would work...could always turn up some centers if push comes to shove.

I have got some decals , £5 for four ,free post in the UK , pm if you are interested .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:14 pm 

I think I will turn up a male/female die and press out a few of these. If Goff has a supply of decals then I will supply the pressed centers.
Should be relatively easy...bit like the 59/60 floor bungs I make.

Question, if anyone has an original wheel with an original center...could you post a picture....or tell me if the center is domed or flat.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:41 am 

360gts wrote:
I think I will turn up a male/female die and press out a few of these. If Goff has a supply of decals then I will supply the pressed centers.

Question, if anyone has an original wheel with an original center...could you post a picture....or tell me if the center is domed or flat.
Thanks

This wheel centre is off my car , posted some photos , the decal is 70mm diameter and i have included the size ect of the wheel center , i have a few decals left and can gety more made anytime

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:07 pm 

That is interesting Goff!
So, the one I have....doesn't have a decal...and it doesn't have a lip. It pressed in from the rear. The Halifax part isn't on it either!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:32 pm 

i have a couple of the original ones ( i think )still in some wheels

i will dig them out tonight and post some pics up for you Dermot

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:51 pm 

360gts wrote:

Thanks

Certainly also in Canada there will be companies that make pad printing. Even for a few copies, they now have a very low price. Thus it will have a more realistic result.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pad_printing

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:44 pm 

360gts wrote:
That is interesting Goff!
So, the one I have....doesn't have a decal...and it doesn't have a lip. It pressed in from the rear. The Halifax part isn't on it either!!!

Dermott my wheel centres had original screen printing on them not DECAL'S, it was similar to the one in your photo but including Halifax and the screen printing was wearing off , what I did was go to local decal/ vinyl shop with the original wheel centre and asked them to copy the screen printing on the wheel centre , they are really good unless you are looking for perfection :lol: :lol:

Mine are original centres Dermott, came with wheels

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:49 pm 

Hi Goff
Well, now I am confused...this center that I have...certainly looks original screen printing...but the shape is not like your centers.
Do you think there were different centers??? Anyone!!!